By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2014 NPD Thread! PS4 - 190k, XBO - 160k, Wii U < 60k, PSV < 6k

Aura7541 said:

I'm not. In actuality, you are not reading carefully enough. You inadvertently contradicted yourself in a very entertaining fashion and now telling me to deal with it when I already did. The bolded is wrong, too. That's your opinion, not a fact. The only fact this that multiconsole owners aren't the majority. However, I'm a Nintendo gamer that is interested in other platforms and there are many others who are, too. Minority =/= Negligable

Keep using your anecdotes to suit your views.

I on the otherhand will adhere to data and until you provide evidence saying otherwise the result will stay the same. The chances of owning a console every generation is already low as it is. Let alone owning multiple consoles in that same generation ... 

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
fatslob-:O said:

Your reading too much into my post ... 

My point was that multiconsole owners aren't the majority. It's as simple as that so go deal with it. This whole farce just further proves that Nintendo gamers aren't mostly interested in other platforms. 

I'm not. In actuality, you are not reading carefully enough. You inadvertently contradicted yourself in a very entertaining fashion and now telling me to deal with it when I already did. The bolded is wrong, too. That's your opinion, not a fact. The only fact this that multiconsole owners aren't the majority. However, I'm a Nintendo gamer that is interested in other platforms and there are many others who are, too. Minority =/= Negligable

Aw well. Least we'll still have the club t-shirts! =D

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Aura7541 said:

Keep using your anecdotes to suit your views.

I on the otherhand will adhere to data and until you provide evidence saying otherwise the result will stay the same. The chances of owning a console every generation is already low as it is. Let alone owning multiple consoles in that same generation ... 

You only proved that the majority of gamers are not multiconsole owners. However, that does not prove that Nintendo gamers are not interested in playing games from other systems. You have provided no evidence to that. You only made an interpretation of the data that was available to you. Here's the question that you asked a while ago: Where's YOUR claim that a lot of gamers do own multiple consoles in the same generation ?  You were asking me to prove that a lot, not the majority, of gamers own multiple consoles in the same generation. While I have anecdotes such as myself and a friend of mine who plays the Wii U as his main while also playing on Xbox platforms, it's much better than what you have displayed, which is nothing. Too bad your data can't prove that there isn't a lot of mutliconsole owners despite them being the minority. Repeatedly saying, "Nuh uh" won't magically make your argument correct.

Also, stop and look at where you are relative to your original argument...... You're goddamn far from where you originally started. You were way too invested in dissenting that you literally forgot what you were actually arguing in the first place. I even pointed it out to you, but you kept going the opposite direction! O.O This wouldn't have happened had you synthesized your conclusion from evidence instead of making the conclusion first and then, scavenging for "evidence" that fits your argument. Anyways, you have veered off way too much, so I'm going to stop here before you inadvertently jump to another topic. Good day

Zanten said:
Aura7541 said:

Yeahh! Club T-shirts! :D

Aura7541 said:
Zanten said:

Yeahh! Club T-shirts! :D

You could almost say it's...

(>o.o)

(>o.o)>@-@

(>@_@)

T-riffic.

(I am SO sorry for the above pun. T_T )

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network
Scizor_99 said:

This is a sweeping judgement that is largely based on an Internet stereotype. Poor third-party sales on NIntendo consoles does not imply that Nintendo fans do not and would not want games not made by NIntendo if the Wii U did not exist. Their preference for NIntendo games does not imply a dislike for all others, even if some might seem like that. Many NIntendo fans have a secondary preference for another console (and buy ither games there) and/or like NIntendo-like games not made by Nintendo (i.e. Rayman, Kingdom Hearts...). I personally like JRPGs and some Sony exclusives, which I for the most part can't get on the Wii U.

Your conclusion that most NIntendo gamers would quit gaming without NIntendo is actually quite ridiculous. This might be the case for some, but you make it seem as if the demand for interactive entertainment would largely disappear into a void. What is to say that those who don't already wouldn't just develop an interest to NIntendo-like ganes on other platforms?  Furthermore, you seem to imply the assumption that NIntendo's non-existence would not cause another company (lkely a Japanese one) to fill that void with similar games,

It certainly is not "clear"; that's just your opinion.

Aside, you seem to have this belief (that a lot of PC gamers have) that consoles mostly only exist for exclusives and that, without them, consoles would die quickly and everyone would migrate to PC/mobile or quit gameing entirely. That a brand is almost worthless without its exclusives (no matter how much it associates itself with third-party games). That people don't really value a budget properitary console built specifically for gaming, and that every would readily accept and embrace the PC environment if only we just got rid of consoles. Do you really think that the general consumer sits there deliberating intensively over which consoles have which exclusives, "objective" cost-to-value ratios, mulling over specs and genres, and so forth? Or do simply look and choose what is popular convenient, affordable, and looks fun? Gaming devices have different properties which influence how they appeal to different people. That goes beyond the simple "numbers games".

Gee, I guess stereotypes aren't based on data then ... /sarcasm 

Most customers AREN'T multiconsole owners so Nintendo gamers having little to no interests playing games on other consoles is the actual case. Why don't you bring some evidence instead of trying to work around my argument with an anecdote ? 

FYI there's no other company like Nintendo that can be replaced and not a damn company will be able to fill the void either because Nintendo content have their own identity compared to the lifeless clones out there. 

Are you implying that I'm a PC gamer ? FWIW I wasn't hiding that fact. If I truly valued that belief of consoles only existing for exclusives then I obviously wouldn't be condemning the WII U so much but that's not the case apparently. What did all of that have to do with the original point ? 

Just because a gamer isn't a multiconsole owner, does not mean they hold allegiances and wouldn't buy a console by another competitor. I just means they don't care enough for the expense. Those two aren't mutally exclusive you know.

In other words directly addressing bolded:

Most Customers and Nintendo Gamers are not the same thing. Thus despite not being multiconsole owners it doesn't mean they wouldn't buy a PS4 or XB1, if say the Wii U didn't exist. Those who would quit gaming if the platform they prefered left are in the minority regardless of platform.

As for Italized, this is merely subjective opinion. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Scizor_99 said:

This is a sweeping judgement that is largely based on an Internet stereotype. Poor third-party sales on NIntendo consoles does not imply that Nintendo fans do not and would not want games not made by NIntendo if the Wii U did not exist. Their preference for NIntendo games does not imply a dislike for all others, even if some might seem like that. Many NIntendo fans have a secondary preference for another console (and buy ither games there) and/or like NIntendo-like games not made by Nintendo (i.e. Rayman, Kingdom Hearts...). I personally like JRPGs and some Sony exclusives, which I for the most part can't get on the Wii U.

Your conclusion that most NIntendo gamers would quit gaming without NIntendo is actually quite ridiculous. This might be the case for some, but you make it seem as if the demand for interactive entertainment would largely disappear into a void. What is to say that those who don't already wouldn't just develop an interest to NIntendo-like ganes on other platforms?  Furthermore, you seem to imply the assumption that NIntendo's non-existence would not cause another company (lkely a Japanese one) to fill that void with similar games,

It certainly is not "clear"; that's just your opinion.

Aside, you seem to have this belief (that a lot of PC gamers have) that consoles mostly only exist for exclusives and that, without them, consoles would die quickly and everyone would migrate to PC/mobile or quit gameing entirely. That a brand is almost worthless without its exclusives (no matter how much it associates itself with third-party games). That people don't really value a budget properitary console built specifically for gaming, and that every would readily accept and embrace the PC environment if only we just got rid of consoles. Do you really think that the general consumer sits there deliberating intensively over which consoles have which exclusives, "objective" cost-to-value ratios, mulling over specs and genres, and so forth? Or do simply look and choose what is popular convenient, affordable, and looks fun? Gaming devices have different properties which influence how they appeal to different people. That goes beyond the simple "numbers games".

Gee, I guess stereotypes aren't based on data then ... /sarcasm 

Most customers AREN'T multiconsole owners so Nintendo gamers having little to no interests playing games on other consoles is the actual case. Why don't you bring some evidence instead of trying to work around my argument with an anecdote ? 

FYI there's no other company like Nintendo that can be replaced and not a damn company will be able to fill the void either because Nintendo content have their own identity compared to the lifeless clones out there. 

Are you implying that I'm a PC gamer ? FWIW I wasn't hiding that fact. If I truly valued that belief of consoles only existing for exclusives then I obviously wouldn't be condemning the WII U so much but that's not the case apparently. What did all of that have to do with the original point ? 

Most customers AREN'T multiconsole owners so Nintendo gamers having little to no interests playing games on other consoles is the actual case. Why don't you bring some evidence instead of trying to work around my argument with an anecdote ? 

I know about those statistics. But your conslusion is arrived at via a logical leap. The fact that "they aren't multiconsole owners" does not imply that "they have little to no interest in gaming on other consoles". Maybe they just don't have the time or money. Maybe they just don't want two gaming devices. If they don't want another console now, maybe they would as a second choice if there was no Nintendo console. That statistic says nothing definite about  what's going on in their head.

First-party games always reign supreme on Nintendo platforms but third-party games have found decent success (especially on handhelds).Core fanbases of franchises and gaming brands can play large part in popularization and can help build brands. Thus, there exists a propensity to invest in any game on a platform. Your claim that NIntendo gamers would quit gaming if NIntendo disappeared suggests that this propensity would not be transferred to other games and would just disappear. Interest in Nintendo games come from the appreciation of certain characteristics in a game, and even if those games do disappear, that emotion won't. They may very well turn to the next-closest thing on other platforms. Third-party exclusives would go to other platforms anyway, which could cause that portion of the Nintendo fanbase to move. And then there's the possibilty of other companies trying to fill the void. 

That is purely your opinion. It's not as if game franchises like Ratchet and Clank, Spyro the Dragon, Little Big Planet, Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter and Skylanders haven't been successful commercially and critically. And many "lifeless" mobile games have made ridiculous sums of money.  It's clear that other companies CAN be succesful with similar games, and there's nothing that says that they can't be any good either.

Yeah, I knew that you were a PC gamer (lol, shoulda mentioned that). I was referring to your claim about the Xbox.  Are you sure that a lack of true exclusives on the Xbox One would cause a lot of people to move to the PC? That's assuming that people gravitate towards PC because it is better, and that they don't truly value consoles. But with many people continuing to buy consoles for multiplats, that doesn't seem to be the case. Why won't most just stay on the Xbox One? And when consoles are 90% multiplats, why wouldn't Xbox gamers migrate to the PS4? People clearly don't buy consoles just for exclusives, and if they buy them for mutilpalts, they don't even have to like the excluisves. 

Can you add VGC numbers retrospectively? At least hardware?!

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
Can you add VGC numbers retrospectively? At least hardware?!

VGC on point, damn (for obvious reasons lol)

The One and Only

VizionEck.com