By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2014 NPD Thread! PS4 - 190k, XBO - 160k, Wii U < 60k, PSV < 6k

Some graphs from GAF (thanks @donny2112).

Around the Network

PS4 and XB1 both did really well, but Vita didn't live up to its name.

chapset said:

I think the sale paterns have change because of last gen, instead of seeing console peak at the 3 or 4 year mark we will see them peak on year 5 or 6

Why's that?

To those that say XB1 has a chance against PS4 in Nov due to Halo Collection I say this: GTA bundles

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Is there a post with all the leaked numbers?  I saw someone mention seeing the ToX numbers, but can't actually find them anywhere.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
chapset said:

I think the sale paterns have change because of last gen, instead of seeing console peak at the 3 or 4 year mark we will see them peak on year 5 or 6

Why's that?

ps3, xbox 360

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Yakuzaice said:

Is there a post with all the leaked numbers?  I saw someone mention seeing the ToX numbers, but can't actually find them anywhere.

GAF is not doing more sumaries posts to not get attentions and security the insiders... so you will need to grind a 2400 post there to find.

Here ~ 43K

chapset said:
noname2200 said:
chapset said:

Why's that?

ps3, xbox 360

Sorry, I'm a bit slow and don't follow.

ethomaz said:

GAF is not doing more sumaries posts to not get attentions and security the insiders... so you will need to grind a 2400 post there to find.

Here ~ 43K

Thanks

noname2200 said:
chapset said:

Why's that?

Developers still clinging onto last gen hardware. The biggest selling PS4 and Xbox One game are also on last gen hardware. 

Although I still personally think these systems will peak in 2017, so 3 years. PS4 and Xbox One will reach 199 price point a lot sooner then PS3 or 360 did.

Also after recent sales of 360 and PS3 games, I imagine a lot of devs are probably cancelling last gen versions of 2015 games as we speak.