By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2014 NPD Thread! PS4 - 190k, XBO - 160k, Wii U < 60k, PSV < 6k

thismeintiel said:

I think you're overestimating the impact Destiny will have on the One.  Now, the One will definitely see a good boost (probably will sell ~250K+), but nothing that would qualify as huge.  Especially once we see it in comparison to the PS4 boost.

Since the game free bundle on the 7th XBO has been doing outstanding, at least on amazon.  over 100% increases on multiple sku's as well as software boosts raising over 50%.    THis is just amazon of course but id expect other retailers to be very similar.  Ps4 will obviously sell more, not even a question about that, but XBO will also see a pretty significant boost in september.  

Around the Network

Ok so this is the last month before the tempest.

PS4/XOne have Destiny and Fifa in september, then Call of, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age in november.
Wii U have Bayonetta 2 in september/october and probably Smash Bros in december.
3DS have Smash Bros in september/october and Pokémon in november.

I wish Nintendo will have satisfying sales, but I'm not really optimistic...
I guess PS4/XOne will win thanks to outnumbering.

prinz_valium said:

if u guys want to know how many the White destiny bundle have to sell, if Amazon Rankings are realiable:

ps4 needs to sell ~350 - 400k units of that bundle alone

tf bundle sold ~228k in march

~58k in april

>38k in may (#39 on may amazon ranking)

<88k in june (#50 on june amazon ranking one place behind kinectless version, which accounted for ~55% of alle xb1 sales that month)

so imho may is >50% for sure (only valueable bundle because of kinectless sku annauncement)

june is <45% by math

Are those numbers from NPD? Or your estimates?

Ninsect said:
For the love of god, ignore FlamingWeazel

It's easier said than done sometimes..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

thismeintiel said:
prinz_valium said:

if u guys want to know how many the White destiny bundle have to sell, if Amazon Rankings are realiable:

ps4 needs to sell ~350 - 400k units of that bundle alone

tf bundle sold ~228k in march

~58k in april

>38k in may (#39 on may amazon ranking)

<88k in june (#50 on june amazon ranking one place behind kinectless version, which accounted for ~55% of alle xb1 sales that month)

so imho may is >50% for sure (only valueable bundle because of kinectless sku annauncement)

june is <45% by math

Are those numbers from NPD? Or your estimates?

npd 70% of march and 50% of april sales were titanfall bundles

just may is my estimate.

Around the Network
YoyOne said:
Ok so this is the last month before the tempest.

PS4/XOne have Destiny and Fifa in september, then Call of, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age in november.
Wii U have Bayonetta 2 in september/october and probably Smash Bros in december.
3DS have Smash Bros in september/october and Pokémon in november.

I wish Nintendo will have satisfying sales, but I'm not really optimistic...
I guess PS4/XOne will win thanks to outnumbering.

add GTA5 for November 18

I don't know if people realized yet but PS4 sales increased this month over month without any bundle or deal.

where is the chart?

ethomaz said:
I don't know if people realized yet but PS4 sales increased this month over month without any bundle or deal.

not even 1k units a week

thats called "flat"

not increase

This month NPD is before 15th of the month?