By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2014 NPD Thread! PS4 - 190k, XBO - 160k, Wii U < 60k, PSV < 6k

JayWood2010 said:
Iamthegatekeeper said:
JayWood2010 said:

Just means next month can be even bigger.  You can say that with any console as well.  People wait for specific games to be released whether it be Destiny, Halo, Mario Kart, God of War, etc  Thats just how things work

No it isn't..people bought ps4's in July, august that will all go in sept, thus skewing sales numbers for those months......Making sept look big and the others lower.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Ignore the idiot guys.

Well, he has a point but he's making it in a less than friendly way. I too believe that a lot of sales in August will be tranfered to September because of Destiny and the white PS4.

The PS5 Exists. 

RolStoppable said:
Iamthegatekeeper said:

Them facts make peeps cry I know...here is a tissue. His psot was not sarcastic.....Please post how 50 K or more slaes from august not counting until sept is not fact???? The destiny bundle mhas been taking sales off the last few months to be all dumped in Sept for ps4...you peeps are in for a shock in Sept.

Tell me why coming back to VGC is time much better spent than playing a video game on PlayStation.

I know he's most likely a FW alt, but that's still a silly question. You could ask that of anyone who comes here, even you.

Iamthegatekeeper said:

Do you think Destiny is the only game people are waiting on? No.  Thats the point of people buying a PS4, or pre-ordering it, because they want it for Destiny, there for arent in any hurry to pick it up before then.  They didnt buy it in August because they were waiting for Destiny to come out. This is no different than lets say Halo.  Certain fans will not pick up a Xbox One until Halo comes out, or any other game people are waiting on to pick up a new console. 

No numbers will be skewed.  September will just be a really big month, hence a game that can push hardware.

GribbleGrunger said:
DerNebel said:
Ignore the idiot guys.

Well, he has a point but he's making it in a less than friendly way. I too believe that a lot of sales in August will be tranfered to September because of Destiny and the white PS4.

I didn't even read all of what he said, one comment was enough to determine he was Weazel and after that I ignored the rest, he doesn't deserve our attention.

Around the Network

For the love of god, ignore FlamingWeazel

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

This site really does need to get ip banning.

JayWood2010 said:
Iamthegatekeeper said:

Also Fusion is a PS4 fan.  We all know Destiny will be huge for XBO and PS4 next month (More so PS4 with bundle) but that isnt august. His comment was for August, not September.  I get your point but  we dont talk about those things until the month they get released

I think you're overestimating the impact Destiny will have on the One.  Now, the One will definitely see a good boost (probably will sell ~250K+), but nothing that would qualify as huge.  Especially once we see it in comparison to the PS4 boost.

if u guys want to know how many the White destiny bundle have to sell, if Amazon Rankings are realiable:

ps4 needs to sell ~350 - 400k units of that bundle alone

tf bundle sold ~228k in march

~58k in april

>38k in may (#39 on may amazon ranking)

<88k in june (#50 on june amazon ranking one place behind kinectless version, which accounted for ~55% of alle xb1 sales that month)

so imho may is >50% for sure (only valueable bundle because of kinectless sku annauncement)

june is <45% by math

RolStoppable said:
thismeintiel said:

I know he's most likely a FW alt, but that's still a silly question. You could ask that of anyone who comes here, even you.

He has posts per day averages of over 100 when he is not banned.

Oh, gotcha.  Guess he needs to speak his mind quickly, before he gets banned, again.