By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2014 NPD Thread! PS4 - 190k, XBO - 160k, Wii U < 60k, PSV < 6k

shikamaru317 said:
X1 nearly doubled due to the Madden bundle? Good news indeed.

GAF seem to think thats MS shipped numbers.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Nearly double seems the shipment for US...

MS is using shipment data in PR.

They shipped nearly double in August than July.

We don't know that.

Does anyone know CosmicQueso on Neogaf? It seems like he has access to the NPD data and he said this:

Originally Posted by CosmicQueso

That has to be shipped. That is not what the data is showing for sell-through.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129566192&postcount=98

That 100% in the title could be shipments. Probably should remove it.

I don't see how the Wii U could even be above 70k if MK8 is out of the Top 10.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Boutros said:

We don't know that.

Yeap... GAF knows already.

The shipment in August nearly double compared with July... the sales is way way way below these ~260k you guys are predicting lol

Around the Network

I'm gonna have to agree with Ethomaz, odds are they're referring to shipments. That would make sense, with the bundle and the Destiny launch early in September. They're using this information to try and twist figures in their favour as you would expect.

This seems like the most logical outcome.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

If those XBO numbers are indeed shipments then wow, bad form MS, bad form. Using shipment data in a NPD PR piece.

Of course I will wait for proper confirmation from GAF, but things must be bad when you have to resort to twisting like this.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

ethomaz said:

Nearly double seems the shipment for US...

MS is using shipment data in PR.

They shipped nearly double in August than July.

Whether it's confirmed or not, it makes sense since Destiny came out not so long after the end of August. You could say that MS increased shipments in preparation for Destiny week. MS wouldn't have wanted to ship a lot in July considering sell-through numbers for June were low despite the launch of the X1-only SKU.

DerNebel said:

Does anyone know CosmicQueso on Neogaf? It seems like he has access to the NPD data and he said this:

Originally Posted by CosmicQueso

That has to be shipped. That is not what the data is showing for sell-through.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129566192&postcount=98

Don't know him, but if he's legit, Vita is in a dumpster (I assume bigger than usually)

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Microsoft please