By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2014 NPD Thread! PS4 - 190k, XBO - 160k, Wii U < 60k, PSV < 6k

Thinking it through, it COULD be 200k xb1 and ~250k PS4. a more realistic scenario i guess. 200k is still big enough for the use of "nearly doubled" while falling into place together with Sony's statements.
maybe numbers in a few hours..

Around the Network
Boutros said:
ethomaz said:

Nearly double seems the shipment for US...

MS is using shipment data in PR.

They shipped nearly double in August than July.

We don't know that.

And we also don't know it's sold either. 

But between the two, which one seems more logical to you? XOne selling 260k and PS4 more than that, or XOne having a larger shipment due to the Destiny launch and the Madden bundle?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

DerNebel said:

Does anyone know CosmicQueso on Neogaf? It seems like he has access to the NPD data and he said this:

Originally Posted by CosmicQueso

That has to be shipped. That is not what the data is showing for sell-through.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129566192&postcount=98

I will remove it from the title but no I don't know that user and I don't recall him being around in NPD threads in the past. I already don't like him though lol Just give us the number or don't say anything!

Really, MS? This is NPD, which everyone knows is sell-through, and they think they can get away with using shipped numbers in their NPD PR? I have to say that is a new low.

Guten tag!

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
I'm gonna have to agree with Ethomaz, odds are they're referring to shipments. That would make sense, with the bundle and the Destiny launch early in September. They're using this information to try and twist figures in their favour as you would expect.

This seems like the most logical outcome.

I like the idea of everyone selling huge numbers more, can't we just go with that dream for a while? '_'

Plz MS.

Plz.

Have any of the big companies used shipment data in an NPD press release before? I'm struggling to think of such a scenario, actually.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129568511&postcount=251

nearly doubled = software?
such confusion

Boutros said:
DerNebel said:

Does anyone know CosmicQueso on Neogaf? It seems like he has access to the NPD data and he said this:

Originally Posted by CosmicQueso

That has to be shipped. That is not what the data is showing for sell-through.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129566192&postcount=98

I will remove it from the title but no I don't know that user and I don't recall him being around in NPD threads in the past. I already don't like him though lol Just give us the number or don't say anything!

Yeah, he then started hinting at very low Vita numbers, geez these people and their need for attention.

According to GAF Microsoft was talking about software being doubled, not hardware.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!