By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could Bayonetta 2 Have A Shot At GOTY?

Hype alone wont make destiny GOTY, I hope at least. From What I heard so far its not going to win. Bayonetta has a chance I belive. The only things going against it is that its wii u only and thats for some reason a big negative in the gaming industry. The only real contender I I see is shadow of mordor, but that game has had no hype whatsoever, and theynever tend to nominate a hypeless game.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

No...........just no.........nope. Not a chance.

Hate to say it like that because it's the cold hard truth. Why? (let me explain to the best of my knowledge/theory).......With all the shit that's been going on with the industry and its journalists/press, and the fact that no game from Nintendo has never been even nominated (Wind Waker and Skyward Sword are the exception) let alone won GOTY. Bayonetta is probably not going to be nominated. I mean...........

How can Bayonetta get a shot at the title when Super Mario Galaxy (back in 07) couldn't even get a nomination. Mind you that game was the second highest rated game (behind Halo 3) for that year. And what did it get instead? An award for best Wii/Action-game.

I hate to be a buzz kill but with only two GOTY nominations within a 10 year time span, I don't think it will get the recognition, but possibly another "best nintendo (insert platform) game" award. Hopefully it get at least a GOTY nomination.

Mario Kart 8 could be. If the had battle arenas it would be a shoe in.

Smash Bros, Destiny, B2. Watch Dogs wasn't quite there. TLOUR and GTAV-gen-8 could be candidates, but i doubt they would go for remakes.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Red4ADevil said:

Hate to say it like that because it's the cold hard truth. Why? (let me explain to the best of my knowledge/theory).......With all the shit that's been going on with the industry and its journalists/press, and the fact that no game from Nintendo has never been even nominated (Wind Waker and Skyward Sword are the exception) let alone won GOTY. Bayonetta is probably not going to be nominated. I mean...........

How can Bayonetta get a shot at the title when Super Mario Galaxy (back in 07) couldn't even get a nomination. Mind you that game was the second highest rated game (behind Halo 3) for that year. And what did it get instead? An award for best Wii/Action-game.

I hate to be a buzz kill but with only two GOTY nominations within a 10 year time span, I don't think it will get the recognition, but possibly another "best nintendo (insert platform) game" award. Hopefully it get at least a GOTY nomination.

You're talking about a specific show, then? I think Soundwave means an aggregate or "consensus" goty, as far as that can go.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I really doubt it. Maybe WiiU game of the year, but I doubt it as well.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Too much saltiness for such a thing to happen. "Hideki Kamiyama Punking Bitches on Twitter Simulator 2014" would totally win though.

Serious_frusting said:
nana. The first one was not that good and this one just seems to be more of the same. If it wins GOTY i will never post on this site ever again.

PLEASE

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

smash bros.

How about we actually wait for the game to come out :p , the first one was awesome but that's no guarantee, especially in action games.

The sad truth is that games of the genre are just not that popular anymore. DMC 3 was like the apex I can't remember it winning any awards :(

Secondly in this politically correct, games with hyper sexualized protagonist would be frowned upon by liberal media, commentators etc.

Moreover as we are already speculating, I think Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age inquisition are the most realistic contenders. AC Unity has a good chance as well.

Mr Khan said:
Red4ADevil said:

You're talking about a specific show, then? I think Soundwave means an aggregate or "consensus" goty, as far as that can go.

Yeah, I was wondering that myself.  I know for a fact that Super Mario Galaxy won game of the year in 2007 from both IGN and Gamespot (probably other places as well).