By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could Bayonetta 2 Have A Shot At GOTY?

Seems like it could happen, because Destiny, while popular doesn't seem like it's going to be the 9+ Metacritic title across the board. 

What else is there really for the rest of the year? Call of Duty and Sunset Overdrive? 

The first Bayonetta got some consideration for GOTY by some press outlets. 

Even though the game may not sell a ton it would be nice if it could Nintendo such a big critical honor. 

If it gets awarded GOTY by several outlets maybe that will help sales as well. 

Around the Network

Call me cynical, but I think De$tiny ha$ the GOTY award$ all locked up.

Best action game, no doubt about it...but GOTY? Mmmmh...maybe, but I would be really surprised. SSB may have a better chance in accomplishing such a feat. If Destiny doen't live up to gamer's expectations, that is.

Maybe, but I will be surprised if it does win

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

badgenome said:
Call me cynical, but I think De$tiny ha$ the GOTY award$ all locked up.

Normally I'd agree, but I just don't think it's going to get the reviews needed to get there. The initial consensus seems to be that's it's a good ... not great game. 

Around the Network

nana. The first one was not that good and this one just seems to be more of the same. If it wins GOTY i will never post on this site ever again.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I think Littlebigplanet 3 and Destiny will be the biggest contenders if you don't include remakes (TLOU/GTAV)

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Serious_frusting said:
nana. The first one was not that good and this one just seems to be more of the same. If it wins GOTY i will never post on this site ever again.

I understand that's your opinion but are you insane? The first was excellent. Definitely the best hack n slash thus far. Offers way more combo variables than others in the genre, not to mention the armstyle on the enemies is some of the best.

Western outlets wont give Goty to japanese games, unless it kojima or zelda.

But, the first game has widely been considered the best of the genre for a while, so its easy to expect a sequal that rises to the occasion.

Nem said:
Western outlets wont give Goty to japanese games.