Tagged games:

My answer is....

Xenogears 61 27.35%

Xenosaga 26 11.66%

Xenoblade Cheonicles 136 60.99%

Total:223

Paper Mario

Around the Network

I feel like the only category Xenoblade can reasonably win in is Battle System.

Xenogears hands down for setting, it might have the best setting of any RPG in history. A 10,000 year history which is a reflection of a literal biblical account of earth retold in science fiction terms, and then an additional 4,000 years on the end. It spans back before that too, a creation of Deus/God. Xenosaga a close second given the extraordinary detail they put into the history of technology and the scientists involved.

Characters, it depends, I am going to say not Xenoblade for certain. Xenosaga and Xenogears both have excellent casts and some of the greatest RPG characters ever. Fei tops every RPG main character ever, and KOSMOS is certainly up there. Jin is like a much more interesting version of FFX's Auron. Xenogears has Elly, Miang, Krelian, Citan, and other really strong additional characters. Hard choice.

Environments? I have to admit, Xenoblade probably has this one. Some of the locations like Alcamoth and Frontier Village are breathtaking.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Xenogears hands down for setting, it might have the best setting of any RPG in history. A 10,000 year history which is a reflection of a literal biblical account of earth retold in science fiction terms, and then an additional 4,000 years on the end. It spans back before that too, a creation of Deus/God. Xenosaga a close second given the extraordinary detail they put into the history of technology and the scientists involved.

Characters, it depends, I am going to say not Xenoblade for certain. Xenosaga and Xenogears both have excellent casts and some of the greatest RPG characters ever. Fei tops every RPG main character ever, and KOSMOS is certainly up there. Jin is like a much more interesting version of FFX's Auron. Xenogears has Elly, Miang, Krelian, Citan, and other really strong additional characters. Hard choice.

Environments? I have to admit, Xenoblade probably has this one. Some of the locations like Alcamoth and Frontier Village are breathtaking.

You already have proven yourself wrong in an opinionated set of questions.

Oh, and Kos-Mos was cool, everyone else in Saga was okay at best and down right terrible at worst. In my opinion of course.

bigtakilla said:
Jumpin said:

You already have proven yourself wrong in an opinionated set of questions.

Oh, and Kos-Mos was cool, everyone else in Saga was okay at best and down right terrible at worst. In my opinion of course.

It's his opinion, how can he be wrong? 

I voted for the poor under-appreciated XENOSAGA,
I'm not sure how I can even compare Xenoblade battle system, it's not turn based, I will never play that game probably also thanks to this fact. (can't compare also because haven't played it XD) (also anyone noticed that Xenosaga 3 graphics on PS2 is far better than Xenoblade in later gen console?)
(please understand I'm not 100% sure about the things below, some time has passed since I played those 4 games)
Xenosaga titles and Xenogears comparison:
Battle:
Xenogears: BAD battle system, terrible combo system that you need to learn buttons to press in a guide, everytime can't see the difference between the different attacks, no turn flow display, NO BOOST to change turn flow, ether not very useful, robot battles with max to 3 robot that is good, robot battles are better, the game is so easy that understanding nothing about turn flows and attacks (tha game want you to know nothing because little information is on screen) in general is not a problem to finish the game, that's a little pathetic (I had problems only when battling Deus because in PS2/PS3/PSP shows a game braking bug that doesn't show in the original PS1 hardware.
Xenosaga 1:very good customization (equip and skill) also for AGWS and I like you can have three of them together battling (no ether drive with all of them), different CHARGEABLE BOOST bar for EVERY character.
No Break bar for enemies, AP for characters to charge strong attacks.
Xenosaga 2: best battle system, very challenging, difficult to master, don't like very much character style changed for more western type appeal, customization good only because can change copilot in E.S. (big AGWS with 2 people inside) to change awaken of anima special attack, can have 3 E.S. but only two in battle at the same time, only one can use ether, Zebulun. COMMON BOOST bar for characters. (not E.S)
Combo to get enemies to break zone. Only game where you can move character behind enemy during battle. Ap bar present.
Xenosaga 3:simplified battle system with no weak point combo like Xeno 2, break bar present, different attacks to target HP or break bar, in this game it is very easy to correctly use all the different elemental attacks (very important in boss battles). COMMON BOOST bar for characters, No AP at all for characters. Can use 3 E.S. together! No turn events that cycle things as: +exp, + critical, + money, etc-, good character/E.S. customization.
Winner: Xenosaga 2 (characters battle) (Xenosaga 3 is better for robot battles, Xenosaga 1 is better for character customization -for battle purposes) (Xenogears is simply bad at this.)

OST:
(Xenosaga 3 has some traks that are remix of Xenosaga 2 traks, cool to have different versions!)
Sorry not sure about this one, probably Xeno 3 and Xenogears take the best spot together.

Characters:
Probably Xenosaga over Xenogears but by a little.

Best character:
can't decide between Elhaym or Kos-Mos (aesthetic)
about personality can't decide between Fei and Shion

I like more xenosaga because there is space travel and you see a lot of places freely (if you want to backtrack to get some things) the disc 2 of Xenogears is a JOKE about this (thanks U.M.N.!)
Bad exploration in Xenogears for me.

About the story there are moments where all Xenosaga games are silly, but also present in Xenogears, they have some things in common, too subjective to give a better description (battle description is very easy for me), I will say Xenosaga as a whole has better story (but it is unfair, three games against one..)

Bottom line: Play Xenosaga, a lot of people didn't play that, it needs a try! (boost to change order in a turn based combat game is awesome!)
Xenogears to me is an unfinished game, disk 2 is...bad storywise, they ended the money.

Persona 5 on PS3, I won't need next gen!

Around the Network
XanderXT said:
bigtakilla said:
Jumpin said:

It's his opinion, how can he be wrong? 

It's highlighted. It can not only win in battle system according to you, but environments as well. Therefore it can reasonably win more than just the battle system catagory.

adriane23 said:

Which had the best setting? 

Xenogears

Which had their best characters? 

Xenogears

Which had then more likeable characters? 

Xenogears

Which had best battle system? 

Xenogears

Which had their best environment

Xenogears

Which had the best OST? 

Xenoblade Chronicles (though Xenogears has two standout tracks that beat Xenoblade)

Which was the best overall?

Xenogears. Any other answer is blasphemy.

Those answers, expecially the second one to the underlined questions are real blasphemy for me!

Only played xenogears, loooooooong time ago in my PS1. I remember it was sooo amazing and went straight down to my top 3 list of JRPG. I just wish disc 2 wasnt rushed and it had more anme sequences. That game deservers a remastering. DOn't know why it never happened, so many games got re-releases after some time, including more dungeons, cinematics, etc... maybe it didnt sell well enought in the ps1.

I need to play it agin, the story was the most complex Ive seen in an RPG ever. Maybe it also needed a better translation.

Vincoletto said:
Only played xenogears, loooooooong time ago in my PS1. I remember it was sooo amazing and went straight down to my top 3 list of JRPG. I just wish disc 2 wasnt rushed and it had more anme sequences. That game deservers a remastering. DOn't know why it never happened, so many games got re-releases after some time, including more dungeons, cinematics, etc... maybe it didnt sell well enought in the ps1.

I need to play it agin, the story was the most complex Ive seen in an RPG ever. Maybe it also needed a better translation.

Playing Xenogears again will probably ruin your good memories about it, I believe so.

adriane23 said:

Any other answer is blasphemy.

Saying other opinions are blasphemy is blasphemy.

IMHO, the likeable characters (Heropon Riki & Melly !), OST, environment and battle system points are easily for Xenoblade.

Both setting and characters are too sophisticated for me in Xenogears, so I would simply answer Xenoblade to everything.