By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft's revolving definition of 'exclusive'

Well SSO 1 maybe exclusive but if Insominiac make a sequel, the franchise could become multiplat since they own the IP.

Around the Network
bevochan said:

In this article [quote]: Greenberg also assured that Sunset Overdrive won’t be coming to the PlayStation 4 by calling the title ‘Exclusive Exclusive!’

http://gamingbolt.com/microsoft-exec-explains-why-they-dont-post-xbox-one-npd-numbers-often-defends-lack-of-new-ips

The term 'exclusive' is changing.  When MS calls a game 'exclusive', I'm just never sure what that means...  timed exclusive vs console exclusive (and released on PC) vs maybe it's not really exclusive at all (i.e. Mass Effect 1). 

Now I know that 'exclusive exclusive' means that that the game is really a true exclusive.

I don't see any revolving definition. Seems perfectly clear what he was saying if you read the tweets and gather some context.

Either way MicroSony have both used bullshit and misleading terms and descriptions to make games and/or content not truly exclusive to their platform sound like they are truly exclusive to their platform. Not sure why you'd single MS out for it.

Slade6alpha said:
iceland said:

exaggeration much?

He's right though. MS is the sole reason my life sucks right now. DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!!!!!!! .... 

Exactly! MS needs to buuuuuuuurn! >:(

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Slade6alpha said:
iceland said:
daredevil.shark said:
TBH I dislike Microsoft because they devalued console gaming. Except the online play they have done nothing for console gaming. They should have stayed in PC and became the equivalent of valve. They nearly destroyed console gaming with DRM. They have very little cash and capable studios (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125163689&postcount=7090) to made real exclusives. If they just stayed in PC it would be great for everyone.

exaggeration much?

He's right though. MS is the sole reason my sex life sucks right now. DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!!!!!!! .... 

Fixed

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

To me exclusive simply means "can only be played here". But we have to admit that things are different now and that that word has expanded. Now we have console, timed and platform exclusives....etc.

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
daredevil.shark said:
TBH I dislike Microsoft because they devalued console gaming. Except the online play they have done nothing for console gaming. They should have stayed in PC and became the equivalent of valve. They nearly destroyed console gaming with DRM. They have very little cash and capable studios (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125163689&postcount=7090) to made real exclusives. If they just stayed in PC it would be great for everyone.

DRM is something that will happen in the near future. Miicrosoft was too forward thinking and gamers not ready to embrace change. Every time I buy a video game now I wish there was a way I could make my disc turn into digital and not have to worry about switching disc. But, because of some dumb gamer backlash that probably went on and bought a PS4 regardless I can't enjoy the joy that would of been given to me with DRM. 

More than half my games are digital now, THanks EA Access and Have already install a External HD to my XBox one. I can't wait for the future disc free world. 

Just look what happen to music and movies.... it's only a matter of time that games join the party.

and I've already sold back BF4 and AC4 for $40 each this gen.  That's $80 that I put towards Destiny PS4 LE which I wouldn't have had had it been for DRM.  Thank God Sony listened to their customers and forced MS's hand.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:

and I've already sold back BF4 and AC4 for $40 each this gen.  That's $80 that I put towards Destiny PS4 LE which I wouldn't have had had it been for DRM.  Thank God Sony listened to their customers and forced MS's hand.

I agree that digital games are over price right now when compare to a retail copy. The true digital market place haven't really started since retail is dictating the price of video games. The big three consoles are still fully reliant on retail to sell their consoles they can't just cut them out yet.

Digital game should sell for 60% of retail price ... Therefore I either buy discounted digital games or games that I know I am not going to resell like Diablo 3 and Mario kart 8... At least Nintendo brought in digital promotion ... If combine with with other promotion you can get a 20% saving. 

I normally pick up the Xbox live digital card when they go on special at target, you will save 10%.

Microsoft needs to figure out how to add 'exclusive exclusive' to the Merriam-Webster dictionary.

"Exclusive"

In a nutshell

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

daredevil.shark said:

TBH I dislike Microsoft because they devalued console gaming. Except the online play they have done nothing for console gaming. They should have stayed in PC and became the equivalent of valve. They nearly destroyed console gaming with DRM. They have very little cash and capable studios (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125163689&postcount=7090) to make real exclusives. If they just stayed in PC it would be great for everyone.

Wow reading that post really puts into perspective what happened to MS last gen. I had a 360 and while I enjoyed it I was a little annoyed at how Sony always seemed to have a better vartiey of exclusives and new IP's which is really what I wanted. I got excited for Alan Wake and it was an amazing game loved it, little did I know that would be the last exclusive on the 360. As far as new IP's go anyways. Then I had to to see the last of us and beyond  come out with next gen consoles right around the corner.

I was happy PS4 released with the specs it did because it let me know it was a safe system to buy this time around (no crazy hardware that will be hard for devs to figure out) and I knew I'd be getting those great exclusives. What I didn't know is I'd also get to play the last of us which was just as good as I thought it would be maybe even a little better.