By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why do "some" religious groups not accept Same Sex relations, but have no problems with Inter- racial relations?

When the Mormon Church began it stated that God said blacks are inhuman and therefore not welcomed into their congregation. In the 1960s when the church realized most of the country was coming around due to the civil rights movement, the church decided that blacks are OK. Knowing that, I can't understand why no one sees the notion that god created religion as a complete and utter farce.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
The Fury said:

Procreation is your answer.

eva01beserk said:

You are correct. Aparently god told us to spread our seed over the world and spread the word. So since its a choice to be gay, its a choice to not spread our seeds and thats against god.

Genesis 9:7

And it's not a choice to be gay.

I meant they think its a choice, not that I think that.

But homosexuality has been define now days as only liking the same sex. (Wich is wrong, or maybe theres another word for it or what Im about to say, but it dosent matter Ill just continue my point.) Animals in nature have same sex relation all the time but also with the oposite sex.  They use it some as entrataiment like us like monkeys, others as a sighn of dominance, like most alfamales rape other males to keep them sumasive. Others as even missguiding, like some snakes pretend to be females to have all the males wainte their loads in them then have the real females for themselfs. I belive is the human race that likes to take things as an exageration all the time. I think we are all born a little intersted in both sexes and some people just like to take it to the absurd limit of only liking the same sex, either to proove a point to society, because is easy to be with the same sex, because the oposite sex does not find it atractive, for financial isues and many other things. The same thing can be said with straight people. Its a thing if you like the same sex more of the oposite more, nobody goes completly one way.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

JEMC said:
For religions, family comes first and with family comes children... and new members for their creeds.

Inter-racial couples still have children so they aren't a problem for them. Same sex couples, however, can't have children by themselves and therefore they are of no use (so to speak) for them.

Basically, that's how I see it, just my personal opinion.

By your logic, should we prevent all individuals that cannot have children to be married? That would include post-menapausal women, men with vasectomies or low sperm counts).  Should their be age restrictions on marriage?

>somewhere in the universe these topics need not he discussed, because there is no such thing as discrimination... But at earth, discrimination and hate will always live.. Hence sometimes probably being referred to as the armpit of the universe ;-p

Well said; fortunately the universe is quite large and quite young.

BTW editing & posting comments here is horribly broken on Internet explorer.

deleted.. sorry i'm having trouble being constructive

Around the Network
tak13 said:
eva01beserk said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Isn't most of it due to the fact that a gay relationship can't produce children though?

You are correct. Aparently god told us to spread our seed over the world and spread the word. So since its a choice to be gay, its a choice to not spread our seeds and thats against god.

But on a side note you most will find intersting. Did you know that its bad if a man laid with another man, but its ok for a women to do it if its with another man? Since back in the time men where able to have multyple wifes, as long as they where with a man they could be lesbians. So it seems like in most religions, that men can get away with their fantasys if your straight, and women even if they where not gay they still had to do stuff to please their man back in the day, so then it was ok in the eyes of god.

I like to consider my self a god loving and understanding man, but I will not belive or spread the false opresive and loose morals found in the bible. I think most of it is good, but there are just a few storys and rules that are ovbious to me that dont belong in the bible and are causing the world to see this relion in a bad way even if most dont aplly to their lives the teachings of a 3000+ year old book(parts at least are).

let me add to your comments some facts.How  eva and adam perpetuated the human race?did she have an incest with her son,the story implies that she had oh...?the story of eva and adam is before dinosaurs or after? I m religionless,i believe in god and jesus etc...but not in religion!Also masturbation is prohibited but all the self-named cristians masturbate...so it is way hypocritical someone dissapprove  homosexuality reliant to religion...

Another fun little fact. The original story of adam and eve. The original beings where adam and lilth, created at the same time from the ame dust. But god told lilith that she has to submit to adam wich she found unfair because they where meant to be equal. So then god threw her out of the garden and. God then made eve from adam so she has to submit, wich she did. So when adam and eve separated when kain killed abel, kain had sex with lilith to have many kids, then with seth(he was adam and eves third son, but they had many others) and even with adam, but eventually came back to eve and she only had kids with adam. They dont speak about daughters cuz women meant nothing to them, they had hundreds of daughters eaach, and only a handfull of sons, thats way men where aloud to have many wifes. So thats supost to be where diverssity came from.

The church around 200 hundred years after jesus came, had the highest ranking priest and such, to gather and regroup the storys into one bible, the new testament. SO they removed storys like this one, because women where taking it as a way to be empowerd or something, they also removed the book mary magdeleng wrote as she was originally one of the apostoles and called her a whore while she was jesus bride. They chose the most opresive storys and called it gospel, then when all around the world and burned all writen literature that had this storys and killed all that new. But a few scholars managed to save a copy of it all in a hiden cave next to the dead sea scrolls wich where found around 1970, but there where many hidden caves next to it so the full books where found around 1995. They are called the dead sea scrools and are the oldest livin gproof of the real bibles and the real storys from jessus. Althou the storys are mostly correct, they only removed or altered  the ones that could be used for them to loose power.

So if anyone wants to prach the real word of the prophets and jesus and all those other wise men, have to really read the dead sea scrolls and not the bible. Like someone said before me, I belive in god but not in relion. I attend church because there is a small group that does something besides judge others, and take money from the ignorant, and spread hatefull words. There should not be anyone on top with power, jesus said so, that it caused corruption, so no priest on pope, or anything of the sort should ever tell you they know more then you.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

FentonCrackshell said:
When the Mormon Church began it stated that God said blacks are inhuman and therefore not welcomed into their congregation. In the 1960s when the church realized most of the country was coming around due to the civil rights movement, the church decided that blacks are OK. Knowing that, I can't understand why no one sees the notion that god created religion as a complete and utter farce.

False. For the mormos, god told them that god changed their skin colour because of the sins they comited and its a way fo the rightgeous to be aware of who is cursed or a siner. They were still 100% human.

JEMC said:

I'll post some Cyanide, for the sake of it

Change bike for console, and we're all going to hell

Heh... That was pretty amusing...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Izo said:
LemonSlice said:
I was thinking, because they've given up? It's like interracial relations were Wall Maria, and now gay and lesbian relations are Wall Rose.

Your attack on religion has me feeling tiny. 

I'm religious, that wasn't meant as an attack on religion, but attack on titan.

Blouge said:

>somewhere in the universe these topics need not he discussed, because there is no such thing as discrimination... But at earth, discrimination and hate will always live.. Hence sometimes probably being referred to as the armpit of the universe ;-p

Well said; fortunately the universe is quite large and quite young.

BTW editing & posting comments here is horribly broken on Internet explorer.

Yeah.. One can chose to listen to such insignificant hateful babble that some spread, or to ignore it as bullshit in its purest forms.. The people that spread hate and injustice are the scum of the universe, and God, the Creator, would never want to be assosiated with such people.. So they are insulting God by claiming to preach his words.. When they are in truth nothing but wolf in sheep clothing, and trust and believe that the universe find them laughable and pathetic like little worms... 

I chose to believe in love, happines, friendship, creativity, adventure, fun, kindness, sympathy and benevolence and make those my priority... The hate mongers of this planet will be stuck in the mud of their bullshit, and probably stuck in hate for hundreds of cosmic years, while other souls are free to love and prosper... People who profess hate have already fallen, and their demise was a making of their own doing.