By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why do "some" religious groups not accept Same Sex relations, but have no problems with Inter- racial relations?

Blouge said:
"Homosexuality is specifically condemned in the Bible, pretty clearly, on more than one occasion. However, in the Bible noone is ever commanded to hate gays, or treat them poorly. "

The bible commands that one stone adulterers to death.

Does anyone actually follow what it commands? Nope. If religious people don't actually follow the bible, then there's not much point in talking about the bible. One should judge religious people by their actual beliefs and actions instead.

exactly this !;Αs i aforesaid bible also prohibits masturbation,but everyone masturbate...so it s hypocritcal to dissapprove homosexuality reliant on religion!I m religionless...!i cant be a fan of something that is full of fairytales(eva and adam,story implies that eva had and incest with her son oh...,and we all know that dinosaurs existed million years before so how someone believe this story?),however i believe in god and jesus etc...:Pp.s i dont have any problem with atheists but i cannot understand them,but i wont critize them as most christians or other religions doing, freedom of religion guys...have you ever heard of that?

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:
Blouge said:

(deleting) Sorry I deleted a comment that wasn't helpful

I remember what you said, and I'll reply anyway.

I'd first research the religion before I judge it. Concluding that religions create certain types of people without first understanding the religion(s) in question speaks ignornace. There's no religion that promotes terrorism, racism or any other form of hate and violence. People who practice these harmful things use religion as a catalyst to justify the things they do or want done.

There are many atheists who believe that religion gives way to more violence and hate, but in reality, it's the people who use religion as tools for more violence and more hate.

If you use the bible to justify disliking homosexuality, then you have to explain a whole bunch of other things (e.g. why you still eat shellfish, etc.)

If you don't use the bible to justify disliking homosexuality, then you are bereft of a justification.

I don't envy the morass of contradictory ideas that must be floating in your head, causing cognitive dissonance. What a nightmare that must be!

Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
It's not because of religion in my opinion, but because lots of gay people try to try to turn straight people gay. Many politicians are jerks anyway.

oh my gosh...!how?you are borning homosexual/hetersosexual...so heterosexual cannot turn into homosexual or homosexual into heterosexual!if a straight guy is being stimulated with women,this will not change...so noone tries what you are denouncing,because is unfeasible...!

People aren't born gay though. There isn't a gay gene or anything like that, you wouldn't say a baby is either straight or gay would you? People become gay during their life, often while teenagers going through puberty but sometimes later.

Well even without the debate of "born with it or not", I think his point was that you can't simply change someone to be gay/straight.

Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
It's not because of religion in my opinion, but because lots of gay people try to try to turn straight people gay. Many politicians are jerks anyway.

oh my gosh...!how?you are borning homosexual/hetersosexual...so heterosexual cannot turn into homosexual or homosexual into heterosexual!if a straight guy is being stimulated with women,this will not change...so noone tries what you are denouncing,because is unfeasible...!

People aren't born gay though. There isn't a gay gene or anything like that, you wouldn't say a baby is either straight or gay would you? People become gay during their life, often while teenagers going through puberty but sometimes later.

ka-pi...ask scientists!...some gays are feminine and lesbians masculine!Do they choose it or  are they becoming? it s a matter of hormones,so they are borning gay and we have to accept them and some  who unfortunately  cant ,at least should tolerate them!ask a gay or lesbian...they will enlight you,the wont say you i became a gay or a lesbian,e.g at sometime it was the first time i felt passion for  a same sex person...also do a gay guy  have erection seeing a nice guy because he chooses it?think of that ka-pi!

Blouge said:

>Homosexuality is specifically condemned in the Bible, pretty clearly, on more than one occasion.

So when it's about condeming homosexuality, you believe in the whole bible, but when it's about eating shellfish, you only believe in pieces of the bible.

Got it.

According to the Mayo Clinic, shellfish allergies are the most common allegies.  This is true now, and I can only assume it's always been true which is also supported by the Bible.  And dietary laws as stated in the Old Testamant were not sin issues, but were health issues that only benefitted anyone healthwise.  The medical technology wasn't available at the time to help cope with those and other allergic breakouts.  This was a testimony to God.  While the Israelites were following these dietary laws (which wasn't always the case unfortunately), it was a testamony to others of God's wisdom.  So please do not use this example (or any other example) for the sake of belligerence especially when you do not know its context.

Around the Network

I'll post some Cyanide, for the sake of it

Change bike for console, and we're all going to hell

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Ka-pi96 said:

Simply? No    Possible? Quite probably, although it would be difficult and would be akin to brain washing.... but still...

Though brain washing you can get almost anyone to do anything... these people that "turn" gay are somewhere in the middle of the kinsey scale. Take someone that is actually 100% straight and some gay isn't going to be able to turn him into a homo

People on earth like t believe themselves to be the center of the universe... Inflating the importance of scriptures, themselves and history in general.. Earth can be wonderful, but also kinda like the armpit of the universe...

earths history is not very prideful... Murder, discrimination, hate, genocide etc... This definetely isnt Gods favorite planet or dimension or galaxy... Its like a 2 star hotel in general probably when comparing it to other places where there is life...

with that perspective, who cares about the fundemantalist evil-doers.. A bunch of narcissists in the endless universe claiming weird superiority issues..

somewhere in the universe these topics need not he discussed, because there is no such thing as discrimination... But at earth, discrimination and hate will always live.. Hence sometimes probably being referred to as the armpit of the universe ;-p

Ka-pi96 said:

People can still try though... although I've never actually seen gay people trying to turn straight people gay, only straight people trying to turn gay people straight.

I mean they can try, I'm just saying most people that call themselves straight and gay aren't fully that way. They're most likely higher or lower in the middle of the spectrum, there is no "turning", it's always been a part of them even if it's small amount.

JEMC said:
jigokutamago said:

Also, some of the problems people have this older religious writings can be attributed to the fact that they were written thousands of years ago. Please consider these writings in the context of their times.

But shouldn't the actual rulers of those old religions be the first to put those old writings in context, not us?

I'm speaking to everyone, both the rulers and the rest of the world. Too many people take religious text at face value, religious people do it too.