By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Please suggest games with popular competitive scenes.

_crazy_man_ said:
Twilord said:
Ultrashroomz said:
How about Project M, a mod for Brawl?

I am trying to limit my number of fighters and shooters. While Smash is deeply original counting it series twice would be redundant. - Project M instead of Melee however is an interesting argument.

In your OP:

"I wish to create a list of games, spanning as broad a collection of genres and alternative takes as possible."

I'd change your OP then.

Excessive ammounts of overly comparable games is the opposite of a broad collection. Six very different shooters or fighters that cover every major angle? I'm there! The same series or nearly identical approaches to a genre? Its not really contributing to my stated goal.

Around the Network

tekken

Twilord said:
_crazy_man_ said:
Twilord said:

I am trying to limit my number of fighters and shooters. While Smash is deeply original counting it series twice would be redundant. - Project M instead of Melee however is an interesting argument.

In your OP:

"I wish to create a list of games, spanning as broad a collection of genres and alternative takes as possible."

I'd change your OP then.

Excessive ammounts of overly comparable games is the opposite of a broad collection. Six very different shooters or fighters that cover every major angle? I'm there! The same series or nearly identical approaches to a genre? Its not really contributing to my stated goal.

I'm an idiot I read it as "to" not "of".

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

playstation all star battle royale, most original fighting game eva

OT: Don't EA sports title have a large competitive scene?

Call of Duty? Mortal Kombat? Marvel Vs Capcom? The last two are at Evo every year!

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
Uncharted

Lol whaaaaaaaa? It might be a very skill oriented game but it isn't big in the competitive scene.

Counter-Strike has a competitive scene if I'm not mistaken!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

CoD

Doom and Quake.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Soul Calibur, Touhou 6 or MushiHime Sama for the shmup part (popular ?!)

Edit : Also Battelfield