By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock Infinite vs Alan Wake

I think BioShock Infinite is better, but Alan Wake is also a good game!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Apples and oranges!

I like Bioshock Infinite because its visually amazing, good story, but the gameplay was tedious to me.

Alan Wake also has a good story and the gameplay was more unique.

I recommend playing both, Bioshock Infinite if you're in the mood for FPS gameplay and a great presentation. Alan Wake if you want something more in the realm of survival horror.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I personally prefer Alan Wake, but both are great games.

Hurr1cane said:
Alan Wake was one of my favorites from last gen. Quick question never played Infinite, are all of the bioshock games linked? Tried Bioshock 1 a long time ago buy didn't really hook me but would like to try Infinte.

The first Bioshock and Infinite do have a link. You would appreciate Bioshock Infinite more if you complete the original first.

Perhaps you should give Bioshock 1 another try. Its arguably the best in the series.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I wasn't really blown away by Infinite myself, the story seems like merely a variation of the one in the original. I did appreciate that it touched on some fairly heavy and very relevant topics for the modern day though. The gameplay is quite fun in the beginning but gets really old, much like in the original, the powers seem like a waste, again; much like in the original.
I love the scenery and level design in Infinite but the level of interraction is way too low and the design is amazingly linear and merely lends the illusion of a form of open world roaming, it's more or less limited to which crate you hide behind and which of the two doors leading to the same staircase you want to take.

That said; I still think the comparison is a hard one, I actually liked Alan Wake a great deal, it has amazing atmosphere and the gameplay is pretty good. The visual design is also good and the music is great. It is repetitive though, few weapons and very few enemies, but so does early RE games in hindsight. I'd get both, personally, they're both dirt cheap at this point, I think I paid 5 euros for Infinite on Steam.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Hurr1cane said:
Alan Wake was one of my favorites from last gen. Quick question never played Infinite, are all of the bioshock games linked? Tried Bioshock 1 a long time ago buy didn't really hook me but would like to try Infinte.

The first Bioshock and Infinite do have a link. You would appreciate Bioshock Infinite more if you complete the original first.

Perhaps you should give Bioshock 1 another try. Its arguably the best in the series.

Thanks I think im going to play the whole series.

That is a hard choice. They are both amazing and both are must play games. I would probably give the edge to bioshock infinite, but it is a very small edge. Enjoy!

Bioshock infinite is way better.

Alan wake was a much better game for me.

I really enjoyed Infinite, but it was more of the same, and really didn't push the boundaries of the game as i expected. While Alan Wake was really interesting and different.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Bioshock Infinite is pretty damn good. I've never played Alan Wake but Bioshock gets my vote regardless.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian