By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock Infinite vs Alan Wake

They're in my backlog and i'm going to get around to both but which should I get right now? I hear both are very story heavy but which is better?

Around the Network

I liked Alan Wake better. One of my favorite games for my 360. Bioshock Infinite had a very good story too but it didn't hook me as much.

Either one won't disappoint

I havent played BI but AW is a very long, very repetitive game. There is like 5 bad guy types and the game takes place in the mountains so there is a lot of repetitive stages.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Bioshock Infinite. Not only is the gameplay great, but the story will blow your mind twice. The 1st time when you finish it, the 2nd when you google an explanation of what the fuck just happened.

Bioshock Infinite, and it's not even close.

Alan Wake was merely decent; Infinite was one of the best games of the 7th generation, in my humble opinion anyway.

Around the Network

I never played Alan Wake but Bioshock Infinite was pretty good.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I've only played a little bit of Infinite so far but it seems pretty good. Alan Wake is a very good game that suffers from a slight lack of variety. The story and voice acting are solid, and the atmosphere is fucking spooky and amazing. The gameplay is based around survival and managing resources, which I quite enjoyed. Actually, in those regards, the game is kind of similar to the original Bioshock. The only major issue with the game is that their aren't that many weapons/flashlight variations and most of the enemies are more or less the same thing in different sizes.

Anyway I don't think it really matters which you play first, seeing as how they are fairly similar and both enjoyable.

Infinite is better. It has a really interesting story an visual styling and set pieces. Both are more about the story that the gameplay but I'd say infinite has better gameplay mechanics too. I've not completed Alan wake yet but it's story and atmosphere struck me as pretentious and cliché compared to Infinate which was genuinely exceptional.

Infinate's not without it's faults. The game is just the medium for the story and the shoot em up gameplay can drag a little at times. But it's still a truly amazing and memorable experience.

Oh, Alan Wake is so superior. In my opinion at least.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Zekkyou said:
Bioshock Infinite. Not only is the gameplay great, but the story will blow your mind twice. The 1st time when you finish it, the 2nd when you google an explanation of what the fuck just happened.

Well, I do like getting blown ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lol but seriously, i've been hearing nothing but good things about it. I guess i'll play it first.