By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock Infinite vs Alan Wake

I liked Alan Wake ok. The whole Stephen King-type vibe I got from it was pretty cool. It takes place in a fictional Washington town, but it still reminds me of the Maine setting King often uses.

That said, Bioshock Infinite is much better. One of my very favorite games of last gen.

Around the Network

Bioshock Infinite, one of the best games of the generation.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I liked Alan Wake better, I loved the mystery of the story.

Bioshock Infinite definitely.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Alan Wake was one of my favorites from last gen. Quick question never played Infinite, are all of the bioshock games linked? Tried Bioshock 1 a long time ago buy didn't really hook me but would like to try Infinte.

Around the Network
Hurr1cane said:
Alan Wake was one of my favorites from last gen. Quick question never played Infinite, are all of the bioshock games linked? Tried Bioshock 1 a long time ago buy didn't really hook me but would like to try Infinte.

No.

Both are great but i would go with Bioshock Infinite.

I haven't played Bioshock infinite but Alan Wake is a great game!

BioShock Infinite is amazing. Play it.

Alan Wake is not very good. It plays like a B-film with half-finished game mechanics. It is a brutally disappointing game. I was excited for what they were trying to do, but I could not put up with the silliness to the end.

If you are coming to BioShock Infinite with BioShock 1 in mind, you might finish the game disappointed. The non-wrench weapons felt a lot better to use, unfortunately you're limited to using only two at the same time. You're limited two spells at the same time as well. Despite the better feeling weapons, I quickly became bored by the combat segments. Compared to Bioshock 1, I got the sensation of constantly being inundated with enemies. If that doesn't bother you, I don't see why you can't enjoy the game. I hear the Burial at Sea DLC adds in a weapon wheel, and has a greater focus on the story.

I found Alan Wake to be an enjoyable third-person shooter that satisfied me in two ways. Enemies not requiring headshots to put down and only one genuine boss battle that wasn't overly long. The need to only shoot at the enemy after dispelling their shield, lowered my growing disinterest in shooters. Possessing a similar opinion on boss battles in general, I found the game's combat structure refreshing in this sense as well. The only thing I didn't like about this game was the jumping, which felt poorly done and becomes annoying in the few instances you're required to do it.