By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: "There is no place for Nintendo hardware". Thoughts?

Gnac said:
reggin_bolas said:
Gnac said:
If you want Nintendo games, then a PS4 or Xbone is terrible value. People want Nintendo games, therefore, a place exists for Nintendo hardware.

Yeah but most people don't want that, if they did you'd see higher volume of sales for the Wii U. Third party games still matter.

You can't build a competitive hardware business catering only to loyal fans who number 20 million or less. Many of whom wait until the later years of the cycle to support the product. 

That is the Nintendo spiral toward irrelevance. 

I'd potentially buy a true-HD console if they also secured some other exclusive like RE back in the GC era. I'm not buying a Nintendo console just to play Mario. Sorry that's not realistic. 

You can isolate any niche product whatsoever, and claim that it's irrelevant because there are other similar products which sell more. Meanwhile, people are still buying and talking about this particular niche product, maintaining its relevance.

You think Nintendo management and shareholders are content with future sales projections of 20 million or less per cycle? Please. 

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:

You think Nintendo management and shareholders are content with future sales projections of 20 million or less per cycle? Please.

As long as they make profit, shareholders will get their dividends. Not that any of this really relates to the matter of Pachter being WRONG about something, once again. He has a bloody awful track record, and his predictions are less like analysis and more like preaching to the crowd.

He is not so much selling advice, as he is spreading FUD. It's a wonder that the SEC haven't investigated him yet.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

TheGoldenTriforce said:
amak11 said:
TheGoldenTriforce said:
STOP posting things about PACHTER!!! Please :)

So if you have nothing better to in your live than wasting your time to post things about a Pachter who is an absolutly idiot than fine, it's your live ;)

FYI this is only my 3rd thread on this forum 

reggin_bolas said:
nomad said:
reggin_bolas said:
Guys there is no such thing as a complimentary console or a secondary console. That's anti-consumerism. Companies shouldn't force you to buy more than one to play your favorite games.

Would it make sense for you to buy a Mac and a PC to play different computer-based games? No it doesn't.

Nintendo is becoming obsolete and irrelevant in the hardware industry.

You've got it backwards. Buying more is consumerism, buying less is anti.

noun

a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising,unfair pricing, etc.

Ok but that has little to do with what you've said. Regulations and labels are a result of what that definition is talking about. That definition does not go against healthy competition (multiple consoles). Also, no one is being forced, nor does secondary consoles decrease consumer confidence.

No place for their hardware huh? That's why the 3DS is on track to win this generation and Wii U could very easily beat X1 lifetime. Lol, what a phony hater.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
RolStoppable said:
...and the port-begging continues.

That's what I thought reading through this thread. many here seem to keen playing Nintendo-games, as often as it is suggested Nintendo should go 3rd-party. Funnily, wouldn't sony make more money on Uncharted and MS more money on Forza, if these games would be multiplat? Sony and MS should go third-party. An anonymous tech-company should create the hardware but no games at all. That seems to be the idea of some posters here.

See also: 3DO

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

reggin_bolas said:
You still have to buy a PS4 if you're interested in true-HD games including those made by third party publishers.

Are there 'false' HD-games?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Hynad said:
TheGoldenTriforce said:

So if you have nothing better to in your live than wasting your time to post things about a Pachter who is an absolutly idiot than fine, it's your live ;)

So if you have nothing better to do in your life than waste your time and read things about Pachter who's and absolute idiot, it's your life. ^_-

I did not read his article, I just came here to say: STOP posting PACHTERS shit ;)

TheGoldenTriforce said:
Hynad said:
TheGoldenTriforce said:

So if you have nothing better to do in your life than waste your time and read things about Pachter who's and absolute idiot, it's your life. ^_-

I did not read his article, I just came here to say: STOP posting PACHTERS shit ;)

Still a waste of time. 

Pacher seam to like saying things to get attention. I would be very interested to know which stock and bonds he buys.

Games I have Finished

http://pastebin.com/eMdjSjFc