By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: "There is no place for Nintendo hardware". Thoughts?

reggin_bolas said:

Would it make sense for you to buy a Mac and a PC to play different computer-based games? No it doesn't.

There was a time where you had to have both if you wanted to play the Mac-exclusive games additional to the DOS/Windows-games:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mac_OS-only_games

The Marathon series of Bungie for example, the predecessors of the Halo series.

Around the Network
Gnac said:
If you want Nintendo games, then a PS4 or Xbone is terrible value. People want Nintendo games, therefore, a place exists for Nintendo hardware.

Yeah but most people don't want that, if they did you'd see higher volume of sales for the Wii U. Third party games still matter.

You can't build a competitive hardware business catering only to loyal fans who number 20 million or less. Many of whom wait until the later years of the cycle to support the product. 

That is the Nintendo spiral toward irrelevance. 

I'd potentially buy a true-HD console if they also secured some other exclusive like RE back in the GC era. I'm not buying a Nintendo console just to play Mario. Sorry that's not realistic. 

Conina said:
reggin_bolas said:

Would it make sense for you to buy a Mac and a PC to play different computer-based games? No it doesn't.

There was a time where you had to have both if you wanted to play the Mac-exclusive games additional to the DOS/Windows-games:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mac_OS-only_games

The Marathon series of Bungie for example, the predecessors of the Halo series.

WAS guy, was is the operative word here. No one would today and no one will in the future either. Multiple console ownership is on its way out starting with this gen. 

reggin_bolas said:
Gnac said:
If you want Nintendo games, then a PS4 or Xbone is terrible value. People want Nintendo games, therefore, a place exists for Nintendo hardware.

Yeah but most people don't want that, if they did you'd see higher volume of sales for the Wii U. Third party games still matter.

You can't build a competitive hardware business catering only to loyal fans who number 20 million or less. Many of whom wait until the later years of the cycle to support the product. 

That is the Nintendo spiral toward irrelevance. 

I'd potentially buy a true-HD console if they also secured some other exclusive like RE back in the GC era. I'm not buying a Nintendo console just to play Mario. Sorry that's not realistic. 

You can isolate any niche product whatsoever, and claim that it's irrelevant because there are other similar products which sell more. Meanwhile, people are still buying and talking about this particular niche product, maintaining its relevance.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

forest-spirit said:
Gnac said:

Pachter: "There is no place for logic."

I could see Pachter say that!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I agree, I like nintendo's software but their hardware sux in my opinion

He is an idiot, plain and simple. Nintendo hardware provides more competition, at the very least...

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

3sexty said:
toot1231 said:
ExplodingBlock said:
I think he is an idiot. If there isn't room for any console it would Xb1 since it is just to similar to PS4 while PS4 is better

this

Uhmm no... Xbox One has been out for half the time that the WiiU has been out and is less than 2 million behind. Add to the fact that they are selling at the same level and the ony way is up for XBONE given the blockbuster releases coming up this year and next. WiiU..not quite so and very little 3rd party release. So sorry but Nintendo is in trouble and Pachter is right unfortunately.

XB1 is also/close to tracking behind the 360, which had a horrible first year, also Smash+Hyrule Warriors+ Bayonetta 2 will move more units than MCC+ Sunset Overdrive+ whatever else is coming out in holiday

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't XB1 only outsell Wii U ONE week in the whole summer? The ytd wii u xb1 gap is getting alot smaller now, if people are interested in third party games (which is XB1's strong area), PS4 is simply the better choice. You also have to take in mind Pacther has ALWAYS been biased against Nintendo

What's even worse for Microsoft regarding the Xbox One flopping so far (and, yes, it is flopping; it's only doing 'okay' in the US and has been an unmitigated flop in Europe so far - it just isn't flopping as badly as the Wii U has so far which is why the media are leaving it alone) is that those that have already bought a PS4 are unlikely to buy an Xbox One as a second console for two important reasons:

1) The third party games are already available on the console they own, and a good few of them look better on the PS4

2) They're going to have to buy a second subscription to play online every year

That's why the Xbox One being a flop so far is such a huge problem for Microsoft. They're pretty much screwed.

This is the guy that said back in 2013: "Microsoft will win next-gen console war" and said "skype and TV app would make Xbox the winner."
the same guy, Mr. Michael Pachter, expects the PS4 to outsell the Xbox One by 30% worldwide through 2016. well... i guess we are still in 2014, and the Ps4 is already at something like 90-110% advantage over X1!
This guy is full of shit, he can see numbers, but he don't undrestand nothing of videogames.