By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony vs Microsoft double standards?

Ka-pi96 said:
DonFerrari said:
On TR... what would people say if Sony just put an ad in their site "TR coming to PS4 in Summer 2016"??? Probably would piss MS because they avoid like hell to say it isn't exclusive. And the flack MS got for it is just from taking a game from PS4 with no real benefit to anyone, have Sony done it with any AAA game?

And regarding lawsuit... if Sony have a deal with Activision regarding the exclusive advertisment for the game they could sue MS because their contract prohibit MS from doing it (sure MS could allegate not knowing it, which is BS since they have those kind of contracts and Sony announced the deal) and anyway MS used trademark from Acti and/or the parfum and could be sued for it as well...

On the hypocrisis side, you are being more than most people by knowing the roles were reversed the same would happen, since sony got a lot of flack and support from the EA case and MS for this ad. It all relates to fanbase.

Good Tomb Raider example, that's the point I'm trying to make. I liked Microsoft's Destiny ad and I think it would be brilliant if Sony did something similar for Tomb Raider. The issue is that a lot of those criticising Microsoft's ad would probably praise Sony's one...

Go ahead and generalize hypocrisy to the entire fanbase why don't you.

Sony can't sue Microsoft. Sony don't hold any of the rights or have any agreements with Microsoft about it. Only Activision/Bungie can do that. Sony could pretty much force them to sue Microsoft on their behalf but they couldn't sue them by themselves. Not as if it would get anywhere anyway. Microsoft would say they didn't intentionally break copyright, which they didn't because this was clearly an attempt to get around the copyright. So unless Activision could prove they intentionally broke copyright they couldn't really do much. Especially considering the ad only stayed up for a short time. That doesn't make any sense. If it was removed, then that was because it was a legal liability regardless of its intention. If it was there for months maybe Activision could succesfully sue them, but it was up for just a few hours so not much they can really do. Activision probably did say to them take down that site, and Microsoft complied. Can't really sue them after that...

Then there is the speculation right on queue.

You're probably right, it's just a fanbase thing, but isn't that the problem in the first place?

All fanbases are exactly the same. Only the size waivers, based on who is popular at the moment.

If anything, Last year and this year are the only real time in the industry that MS is being critisized to this kind of degree.

And if one thinks that the other two are getting off scottfree, they're wearing some heavily tinted green glasses.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
Areym said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Areym said:
Microsoft always seems to be viewed as the bad guy of the party. Sony, I think, has a more neutral feeling. One day they can be the heroes of the industry, next day they are a bunch of d=bags who can't run a proper online service and so on.

There is a double standard, which MS suffers more from, I can admit to that. I thought the fragrance gag was funny and EA is a bad value.

Thanks, that's the exact point I was trying to make.

It seems some people got caught up in the example though, that's my fault for not having the best of examples, but at least some people see the point I'm trying to make

I thought it was common knowledge honestly. Granted, MS have hurt their own reputation his new gen since the start but they have always fallen into the "evil" catergory, for no real good reason.

People just wanna fuss and its fun to hate on MS right now, so it's not suprise if people are just looking for any reason to put them dwn.

Theres always reasons why certain products perform better than others. You might disagree with those reasons, but that doesnt mean they are wrong especially since this gen most of them are ethical issues like DRM and marketing.

If you think people are hating on MS for fun, i'm sorry but youre wrong.

I mean, i get why they are getting hate, or i think i have a good idea. XB1 reveal and trying to pull one over us was a big part of it for this gen, but i assume it goes far before that. I meant right now its the fun thing to do or the trend, like the ALS ice bucket challenge. If you're indifferent towards the brand and you see mostly negative things about them, chances are you are gonna join on the bashing.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Mad55 said:
DonFerrari said:
Mad55 said:
I agree and their definitely is a Bigger Bias against Microsoft overall. Sony basically said our consumers don't get a choice no Ea Access and their wasn't really any backlash.

Were you banned at the time?? The thread bashing Sony over it were a lot more hostile than the thread joking at MS for the Ad. You are having double standards in your judgement or memory.

Nope you would have to be lind to think that sony gets more heat than Microsoft on this forum. 

Seems you are trying to put words in my mouth...

You said sony haven't got any backlash on their opinion agaisnt EA Access... which they got. And that thread were more hostile than the one on the ad... Never said MS or Sony get more heat. But if you consider that Sony have like 70% of the userbase and MS have 10% or less and them compare the trolling and heat each receive you will see who is more vocal.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Typical ms fanboy clown. They are not even the same. Yet you morons find a way to try and make them the same. Sick of the stupidity.

- Moderated, Carl

Areym said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Areym said:
Microsoft always seems to be viewed as the bad guy of the party. Sony, I think, has a more neutral feeling. One day they can be the heroes of the industry, next day they are a bunch of d=bags who can't run a proper online service and so on.

There is a double standard, which MS suffers more from, I can admit to that. I thought the fragrance gag was funny and EA is a bad value.

It seems some people got caught up in the example though, that's my fault for not having the best of examples, but at least some people see the point I'm trying to make

I thought it was common knowledge honestly. Granted, MS have hurt their own reputation his new gen since the start but they have always fallen into the "evil" catergory, for no real good reason.

People just wanna fuss and its fun to hate on MS right now, so it's not suprise if people are just looking for any reason to put them dwn.

Are you sure MS never did anything before this year to have a fame of "evil"?? Better grab the books on the foundation of MS, passing through Netscape, etc.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Maciveli said:
Those two things are not the same, bad attempt at making a fuss.

No, they aren't really the same. But people seem to be angry about how Microsoft have treated Activision, so did Sony not treat EA badly as well then? Why were people happy about them doing that but angry at Microsoft?

There are a considerable number of Sony fanboys here. No surprise.

- Moderated, Carl

DonFerrari said:
Areym said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Areym said:

Are you sure MS never did anything before this year to have a fame of "evil"?? Better grab the books on the foundation of MS, passing through Netscape, etc.

Well, what I should have said is the xbox brand is often viewed as "evil" for no real good reason and not MS as a whole, I don't really know much about their practices.

Areym said:
DonFerrari said:
Areym said:

Well, what I should have said is the xbox brand is often viewed as "evil" for no real good reason and not MS as a whole, I don't really know much about their practices.

Ok, yes Xbox brand may have not done much 'EVIL'... but as some people like to put, they brought paid MP, paid DLC, DLC locked on disc, higher failure rate (all that during Xbox og or X360)... and added to that DRM (always online) with no used resell and bad PR this gen. That is quite a lot.

DonFerrari said:
Mad55 said:
DonFerrari said:
Mad55 said:
I agree and their definitely is a Bigger Bias against Microsoft overall. Sony basically said our consumers don't get a choice no Ea Access and their wasn't really any backlash.

Were you banned at the time?? The thread bashing Sony over it were a lot more hostile than the thread joking at MS for the Ad. You are having double standards in your judgement or memory.

Nope you would have to be lind to think that sony gets more heat than Microsoft on this forum. 

Seems you are trying to put words in my mouth...

You said sony haven't got any backlash on their opinion agaisnt EA Access... which they got. And that thread were more hostile than the one on the ad... Never said MS or Sony get more heat. But if you consider that Sony have like 70% of the userbase and MS have 10% or less and them compare the trolling and heat each receive you will see who is more vocal.

When I say there wasn't really any backlash I mean there was some but not a sufficient amount. Also I never put words in your mouth if your going by my last post. The double standards are there and it's ridiculous , not enouh for me to make my heart heavy lol, but it's a bit annoying sometimes.

DonFerrari said:
Areym said:

Ok, yes Xbox brand may have not done much 'EVIL'... but as some people like to put, they brought paid MP, paid DLC, DLC locked on disc, higher failure rate (all that during Xbox og or X360)... and added to that DRM (always online) with no used resell and bad PR this gen. That is quite a lot.

That's not really evil, as much as it is just bussiness. It certainly sucks that games are now never "complete" on disk but it does allow for some great DLC that adds length to the game.

The DRM and no used games policies were certainly evil, I can agree on that.