By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony vs Microsoft double standards?

this thread wont end well.

Around the Network

Those two things are not the same, bad attempt at making a fuss.

Definitely not the same, and do we really need a second thread for this... when the other one was ok.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

One is making a statement on a value perspective.

The other is finding a shitty loophole to a contract (the type of contract this company has practiced for years) then whining saying "we wanna advertise, but we can't"

Not. The. Same.

Ka-pi96 said:
Maciveli said:

No, they aren't really the same. But people seem to be angry about how Microsoft have treated Activision, so did Sony not treat EA badly as well then? Why were people happy about them doing that but angry at Microsoft?

Ms did something stupid and took shit for it like they have been doing so all this gen, nothing new there.  Sony was just blatant about their opinion, for better or for worse they did really nothing wrong.  Some just cant handle brutal honesty, well not some but most these days can't.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
BMaker11 said:

The other is finding a shitty loophole to a contract (the type of contract this company has practiced for years) then whining saying "we wanna advertise, but we can't"

Not. The. Same.

You mean a contract that they never signed and have probably never seen? The contract is between Activision and Sony, it's got nothing to do with Microsoft. So if this is indeed using a loophole in the contract who told them about the loophole?

The contract states that only Sony can advertise for the game. Maybe "loophole" is the wrong word, but you know what I mean.

Ka-pi96 said:
Madword said:
Definitely not the same, and do we really need a second thread for this... when the other one was ok.

The other one didn't include Sony... Why not make a comparison? One company seems to get nothing but praise (some warranted and some not) while the other seems to get mostly hatred (again some warranted and some not).

I made my point in the other thread, but basically Sony made a comment that they didnt think it was good value for customers. EA knew that the answer was no, they have an agreement with MS. EA will go where the money is, they wont be upset by this..

The second option you are trying to compare it to is totally different, this is a money deal where someone has come in and disrupted that deal. Sony have exclusive marketting for the game, they paid EA for it, EA were very happy to accept the money, these deals are done because it brings in money, EA would be very unhappy about this because it could set a dangerous precedent. Why get cash out of MS/Sony if they will just advertise it anyway.

If you cannot see the difference between the two stances, I cannot help you... but it's got nothing to do with Sony being liked and MS not, its about integrity.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

BMaker11 said:

Not. The. Same.

I second this. The bolded is especially true since EA Access isn't really doing so well right now after a very underwhelming launch. I felt that Sony's criticisms of the service was a "put up or shut up" type of statement. Unfortunately, EA failed to "put up". I don't really understand why this thread is even made in the first place.

Ka-pi96 said:
Maciveli said:

No, they aren't really the same. But people seem to be angry about how Microsoft have treated Activision, so did Sony not treat EA badly as well then? Why were people happy about them doing thai d

i do agree with ya, i think microsoft had a valid point to do this, sony made enough smart remarks at e3 last year

old skool

As others posted this is not the same thing by any stretch. Microsoft is taking a pot shot specifically at Activision and Sony over their deal to have Sony exclusively market a product. The other is Sony informing the media as to why they didn't believe a business opportunity was fruitful on their system.

I found the perfume to be funny, but Microsoft has had exclusive advertising on Activision's other heavy hitter franchise for years. They deserve the criticism over being pissy.