By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - When is VGChartz going to accept transsexuals?

Ninsect said:
prayformojo said:
Ninsect said:

The ability to procreate like your respective gender OR, more importantly, your own mind/feelings telling you what you are? 

So, according to you, if someone feels they aren't human, and is instead, a vampire... then they are biologically a vampire? lol That makes no sense and has no scientific merit. You can't change your gender. You're born one or the other physically and nothing can change that.

How in the world did you come to that conclusion? I never implied that.

I never even used the word "biologically" the way you used it. Note in the OP that I said "a biological man", because he has a man's body. You can't change your biology, correct, but you can change genders.

No, you can't lol. You can look like one, but that's about it. And the reason I made the vampire analogy is because you said someone can be something simply because their mind tells them they're something. As if because their brains think it's true, that it's acutally true. 

Lots of people think they're something they're not. People with bi-polar disorder sometimes hear voices when they're manic. Does that mean those voices are real? No? That's my point.

You can think you're John Lennon, a women, or a piece of salad. But that doesn't mean you're any of those.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
prayformojo said:

You're a man without working testicles and you are a women without working overies. Ones gender can never be changed. You are who you are. If someone wants to have surgery, they are only creating the illusion, or at best, moving slightly closer to what they feel they SHOULD be inside. But the truth is, you, me... we're all stuck with what we are.

Personally, I'd like to see people become secure and accept themselves and love themselves for who they are. If you're a man, be proud of it. If you're a women, be proud of it. Same goes for being fat, acne, gay, lesbian, balding people... just love who you are and stop fretting over things you can not change. 

Blame your genes for being fat.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Well... I thought the point of being a transsexual is so that you would want to be the opposite sex of what you are currently and not want to be labeled as a transsexual but rather a boy (if you are a girl) or girl (if you are a boy)?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ninsect said:
JazzB1987 said:
Ninsect said:

I was looking through the profile settings page and saw no option to change your (profile) gender.

As an example, let's say I was a biological man who signed up as a confused kid 5 years ago but slowly grew into the idea that I was a woman in a man's body. Naturally I would like to change my VGC gender as well, but as far as I'm aware, VGC does not allow that. 

We're already this far into the 21st century. Isn't it time to embrace reality already, VGC?

you are still a man because your gender is defined by DNA not appearance or wishful thinking.

How?  When you die in an accident everything left is just a pool of blood and meatballs that cant be identified they will conclude you were male no matter how you didnt want to be male.

(added beause you replied before i wrote it)

I know I am still a man. I didn't change my gender...

I was not really talking about you   more about if a man thinks he is a female after whatever (surgery etc)  he is wrong.  See my example in my prior reply.

prayformojo said:
Ninsect said:

I never even used the word "biologically" the way you used it. Note in the OP that I said "a biological man", because he has a man's body. You can't change your biology, correct, but you can change genders.

No, you can't lol. You can look like one, but that's about it. And the reason I made the vampire analogy is because you said someone can be something simply because their mind tells them they're something. As if because their brains think it's true, that it's acutally true. 

Lots of people think they're something they're not. People with bi-polar disorder sometimes hear voices when they're manic. Does that mean those voices are real? No? That's my point.

You can think you're John Lennon, a women, or a piece of salad. But that doesn't mean you're any of those.

Now you're just spinning. That is not at all what I meant. 

You said it, you can look like one but that is NOT about it...You can both LOOK like one and FEEL like one. What more do you need for you to be able to call yourself a woman/man?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Well... I thought the point of being a transsexual is so that you would want to be the opposite sex of what you are currently and not want to be labeled as a transsexual?

I don't think we can generalize for all of them. Heck, many join support groups/meet-ups with "transsexual" in the name. Still, I am not asking for there to be an option to select "transsexual". I am asking for the option to change from "male" to "female" and the reverse

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

JazzB1987 said:
Ninsect said:
JazzB1987 said:

you are still a man because your gender is defined by DNA not appearance or wishful thinking.

How?  When you die in an accident everything left is just a pool of blood and meatballs that cant be identified they will conclude you were male no matter how you didnt want to be male.

(added beause you replied before i wrote it)

I know I am still a man. I didn't change my gender...

I was not really talking about you   more about if a man thinks he is a female after whatever (surgery etc)  he is wrong.  See my example in my prior reply.

That's the issue of biology vs. psychology. You're still biologically the gender you were born as, but psychologically you are absolutely not. There is more to a person than their X and Y chromosomes.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

I see no point in this personally, and I haven't seen any website that puts Trans gender as an option.

Ninsect said:
prayformojo said:
Ninsect said:

Now you're just spinning. That is not at all what I meant. 

You said it, you can look like one but that is NOT about it...You can both LOOK like one and FEEL like one. What more do you need for you to be able to call yourself a woman/man?

I never said someone couldn't CALL themselves the cookie monster, man, women, a dragon etc. I said they can't physically BE a sex that they weren't born as. It's all in vain. All of those people acting emo, hating themselves, wishing they were dead... because of what? Because they can't accept who they really are! It's sad. 

NobleTeam360 said:
I see no point in this personally, and I haven't seen any website that puts Trans gender as an option.

Read through the OP and/or thread again. I am not asking for that option

The One and Only

VizionEck.com