By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - When is VGChartz going to accept transsexuals?

MoHasanie said:
Wow, 300+ replies for this thread?! Never knew this was such a big issue!

Nobody knew, but looks like everyone was wrong!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I agree with kyliedog. once a man, always a man. An operation cannot change that. Same for a woman.

MoHasanie said:
Wow, 300+ replies for this thread?! Never knew this was such a big issue!

A site about video games sales. Where we argue over the most minute shifts in sales as if it were a clear sign that X console is failing and Y console is going to dominate, constantly? Yet a thread that posts a legit question getting a bunch of replies surprises you? Heh.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

pepharytheworm said:
Michael-5 said:

I like this post. It's true trans-gender people get discriminated against quite a bit, but bringing up a non-issue as a so called discriminatory act against them? Doesn't help their cause.

Both of you are pretty much showing your privilege in not seeing how this could be an issue for some.  How else are you going to know if something is an issue untill someone brings it to your attention? But if anything this thread has put to light a lot of ignorance towards trans issues that is on this site. Which to me, again, has to do with confusion to what gender and sex mean and how they differ.

To be fair though the OP does make assumptions about this site because of the lack of a feature. I am pretty sure it wasn't put in place to purposefully discriminate against transgendered persons. 

I'm not saying that being discriminated against isn't an issue, but expecting people to go out of their way to change things in order to get what you want is absurd. This thread is as absurd as complaining about a DOS program only allowing M/F as genders on a database (I used DOS at a Clinic I worked at until 2009, and this was the case).

Ka-pi96 said:

No it isn't at all discriminatory to not have had it in the first place. But now that people are asking for it, then it would be discriminatory to not provide it unless there is a good reason for doing so.

Also, have a read through this thread and you will find a lot of discrimination. It's unfortunate that it ended up like that

You'd need a new database (Gamewise), and I'm not sure how you'd import 100,000+ user accounts/threads/messages/spam.

----

As for the discrimination in the thread, sucks, but this is the cost of true freedom. Everyone is entinted to their opinion. Personally I don't care, so long as transexual people aren't as*****es. I can mention 3 examples of stuff I really dislike.

1. A few years back the homosexual Health Minister of Ontario (Canada) George Smitherman, tried to get sex-change operations covered by OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Provider). Health-care is covered by the goverment here, but the problem is it costs $200,000-$300,000 to do this procedure comepletely. This i really hated because most people are against sex changes either religiously, financially (I'd rather have free MMR's), or just morally. His arguement was that "not that many people would partake in this surgery", but sorry, you can't force the majority of people to pay for stuff they don't want to pay for.

2. I know of a few transexuals who have the complete surgery, act as sluts, and then tell the person, after they sleep with them, that they were a different gender. Be respectful, there are people into that and people not into that. Don't sleep with people in order to offend them/force them to be more simpathetic to your cause. That's just being a jerk.

3. Don't be provocating. Gay, Straight or Tran, I hate when people are publicly open about sex. It's not something I want to hear about strangers I pay by (e.g. I don't want to hear about a bj you gave or someone going down on you, unless I know you a little, or ask out of curiousity).

Other then that, I don't care. I don't need transexuals to wear a banner saying "I'm a tranny", but if they know they could offend someone, either don't tell them or don't make moves. Don't force your ideals onto others (any moral ideals, even capital punishment or something), and don't be offensive. If people do that then I don't care if you're a talking Zebra, I'll judge you on who you are (but a Talking Zebra gets bonus points).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Ninsect said:

Isn't it time to embrace reality already, VGC?

Why do we need to embrace new things? Do you embrace atomic bombs?

VGC is based off a generic database which doesn't allow customizations like that. If you were born a male and are now a female, then pick female as your gender when you register, simple.

I think it's more important to discourage pedeophiles then to embrace transexuals, sorry.

Did you just compare gender switching on a forum to atomic bombs? Do you feel like that's a good example?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Eliminate gender on the site, it's not necessary and kinda weird it even asks.

Same with a lot of those things... eye colour, hair colour, relationship status?

Ninsect said:
Michael-5 said:
Ninsect said:

Isn't it time to embrace reality already, VGC?

Why do we need to embrace new things? Do you embrace atomic bombs?

VGC is based off a generic database which doesn't allow customizations like that. If you were born a male and are now a female, then pick female as your gender when you register, simple.

I think it's more important to discourage pedeophiles then to embrace transexuals, sorry.

Did you just compare gender switching on a forum to atomic bombs? Do you feel like that's a good example?

did u ask a mod if they change it for u? the option isnt good because to many people would use it to troll, and i dont think its such a big deal if u have to talk to a mod for the change.   we are talking about a realy small groupe of people, sure its never very nice to talk to a mod, but this way is better for us as a whole.