By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - When is VGChartz going to accept transsexuals?

Ninsect said:

I was looking through the profile settings page and saw no option to change your (profile) gender.

As an example, let's say I was a biological man who signed up as a confused kid 5 years ago but slowly grew into the idea that I was a woman in a man's body. Naturally I would like to change my VGC gender as well, but as far as I'm aware, VGC does not allow that.*

We're already this far into the 21st century. Isn't it time to embrace reality already, VGC?

*By "that" I mean change from male to female and female to male.

I dont like transexuals and gay, but I accept then, but only if they dont want to have a releationsship with me. Than I will get angry extremly

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

Around the Network
Goremichel said:
Ninsect said:

I was looking through the profile settings page and saw no option to change your (profile) gender.

As an example, let's say I was a biological man who signed up as a confused kid 5 years ago but slowly grew into the idea that I was a woman in a man's body. Naturally I would like to change my VGC gender as well, but as far as I'm aware, VGC does not allow that.*

We're already this far into the 21st century. Isn't it time to embrace reality already, VGC?

*By "that" I mean change from male to female and female to male.

I dont like transexuals and gay, but I accept then, but only if they dont want to have a releationsship with me. Than I will get angry extremly

Ugh yeah because every gay/trans person is only thinking about sex, having a boyfriend etc. Trust me honey you are not the only man on this planet. Prejudices much.

Buddy, You need to take a psychology class because what your born with biologically does not mean what your brain believes. Everyones brains work differently, and some and born with brains that are born believing they are a gender that is different from what they are physically born with. And its not about having ovaries, it's about a transgender person finally feeling like they are the gender there brain believes they are. It is something that they cannot change, and something that they struggle with their entire lives.  

Ninsect said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
LemonSlice said:
Number of transsexual users in the forum: 0
Number of posts in this thread: 187

Why the heck are we arguing about this?

The Troll is strong in this Forum... :-/

Are you calling me a troll for asking about this option? Maybe you should read the responses in the thread and blame the angry people

No, I made a statement that you might be trolling because you knew this would create a stir... This is a very delicate issue that can easily insult others if not talked about properly.

As far as this topic goes, sorry but being a transsexual is not a from of sex. It's a state of desire or a state of being. That's according to Dictionary.com

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/transsexual?s=t

Having a choice between Male/Female/Transsexual in the sex catagory would be miscatagorizing what transsexualiztion is.

Also I'd like to point out that this is not a Gay/Lesbian issue. I've had some gay friends/co workers that actually have a problem with Men dressing up or obtaining sexual organs from the opposite sex. They should NOT be in the same groups. Simply put, just because you like the same sex, doesn't mean you have an URGE to be the opposite sex you are.

If you want to know who are transsexuals or have the need to declare yourself a transsexual, just write it in the "About me" tab. Simple.

KylieDog said:
Born a man always a man.

Agree 100%. You can't just change your chromosomes because you "feel like it". You are what you were born as, anything else is just changing sex organs.

Around the Network

Gender and sex are not the same thing. Sex refers to how you were biologically born. Gender refers to masculinity and femininity. As such gender can be fluid.

gen·der/ˈjendər/
noun
the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).
(in languages such as Latin, Greek, Russian, and German) each of the classes (typically masculine, feminine, common, neuter) of nouns and pronouns distinguished by the different inflections that they have and require in words syntactically associated with them. Grammatical gender is only very loosely associated with natural distinctions of sex.

sex/seks/
noun

either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and many other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions.

Ka-pi96 said:

Except this thread isn't asking for a transsexual option for gender. It is just asking for the option to change between male and female.

Sorry about that. But can still be put in the About me tab. They could say something epic like: Born a Man, but reconstructed as a female.

Ninsect said:

Isn't it time to embrace reality already, VGC?

Why do we need to embrace new things? Do you embrace atomic bombs?

VGC is based off a generic database which doesn't allow customizations like that. If you were born a male and are now a female, then pick female as your gender when you register, simple.

I think it's more important to discourage pedeophiles then to embrace transexuals, sorry.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

How many in this thread, (or on vgchartz in general), really "hate" transgender people? Barely anyone? And those people are just stupid in general, anyways? Okay, good.

Why is there such a giant need for transgenders to wave this huge flag around with the words "WATCH OUT PEOPLE, I'M TRANSGENDER! LOOK HERE, LOOK! RESPECT ME FOR WHO I AM!! I AM SOOOO DIFFERENT!!"

*sigh*

You're people. Just like the rest of us. Do you see any of us waving around flags? No? Then why should you do it?

Stop making such a big deal out of it. Its not! You're creating problems where there were none... Just stop it...

Saying this is about human rights is bullshit.

"This thread has shown me that this is actually quite a big problem in many people's eyes. Look at the hate and anger in the thread, it disgusts me." -Ninsect

You created that anger and hate with your bad OP. Congratulations...?
If you had presented this differently, then there'd be like (magic prediction-power) 30 posts total, 27 would agree with you, and 3 would be neutral.

VanceIX said:
AZWification said:

You're not wrong! Sadly, that has been the case for a while now... :S

The site isn't even in passive development, really.

Yeah.. It's a shame really...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---