By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - When is VGChartz going to accept transsexuals?

Madword said:
Ninsect said:
Madword said:
So are you saying you are a transsexual and have changed gender?

No, since I can't change my gender

Right, but your gender has changed right? Or has your gender not changed and you are just saying it should be an option.

It can't be changed due to there being no option for it

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
Ninsect said:

I was looking through the profile settings page and saw no option to change your (profile) gender.

As an example, let's say I was a biological man who signed up as a confused kid 5 years ago but slowly grew into the idea that I was a woman in a man's body. Naturally I would like to change my VGC gender as well, but as far as I'm aware, VGC does not allow that. 

We're already this far into the 21st century. Isn't it time to embrace reality already, VGC?

There is no such thing, biologically speaking, as a "transsexual" or "transgender". You're born either a man or women and no amount of surgery will ever change that. A man can not have working ovaries and a women can not have a pair of working testicals/sperm. 

That is your opinion. Not a respectful one, but an opinion nonetheless. What decides what makes a man and what makes a woman? The ability to procreate like your respective gender OR, more importantly, your own mind/feelings telling you what you are? Sure, they might not look 100% like the gender they are but we can say the same thing about men and women in general, nobody looks alike.

Using your definition you could say middle aged women and above are not women...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:

You are just skirting around the question arnt you :) So basically you are asking for an option though it doesnt apply to you. You could just say that. 

I think the ability to change your registered email address is a bigger problem to be fair. If someone really had an issue, they could just ask the mods.

I agree you should be able to hide your sex from public view if need be though.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
Ninsect said:

You are just skirting around the question arnt you :) So basically you are asking for an option though it doesnt apply to you. You could just say that. 

I think the ability to change your registered email address is a bigger problem to be fair. If someone really had an issue, they could just ask the mods.

I agree you should be able to hide your sex from public view if need be though.

Just joking around lol. But to answer your question I have not changed my own gender in real life. The option should be there on VGC, though.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Why not, "Why even ask for sex/gender?"

If they don't have to verify your identity in real life and the site isn't about hookups or medical advice or anything where it matters, why do sites still ask for it?

I'd agree that Male/Female/Other should be a bare minimum though, and there should be the ability to change it afterward... Realistically, this isn't a life-vital site, and people can just create a new account. So the admins probably don't care.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
prayformojo said:
Ninsect said:

I was looking through the profile settings page and saw no option to change your (profile) gender.

As an example, let's say I was a biological man who signed up as a confused kid 5 years ago but slowly grew into the idea that I was a woman in a man's body. Naturally I would like to change my VGC gender as well, but as far as I'm aware, VGC does not allow that. 

We're already this far into the 21st century. Isn't it time to embrace reality already, VGC?

There is no such thing, biologically speaking, as a "transsexual" or "transgender". You're born either a man or women and no amount of surgery will ever change that. A man can not have working ovaries and a women can not have a pair of working testicals/sperm. 

Yeah but it's not just about working ovaries/testicals. Or are infertile men not men anymore? What about infertile women, are they not women any more?

You're a man without working testicles and you are a women without working overies. Ones gender can never be changed. You are who you are. If someone wants to have surgery, they are only creating the illusion, or at best, moving slightly closer to what they feel they SHOULD be inside. But the truth is, you, me... we're all stuck with what we are.

Personally, I'd like to see people become secure and accept themselves and love themselves for who they are. If you're a man, be proud of it. If you're a women, be proud of it. Same goes for being fat, acne, gay, lesbian, balding people... just love who you are and stop fretting over things you can not change. 

Maybe he wants to talk games with transsexuals?

It doesn't matter to me, it's not like I look at who's a boy or girl in these boards anyway.

RolStoppable said:
Oh look, we have a SJW here.

Where?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

lol
i feel like an animal.
i want an Option to be a dolphin

this is not Facebook...
male, female and None would do it

prayformojo said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah but it's not just about working ovaries/testicals. Or are infertile men not men anymore? What about infertile women, are they not women any more?

You're a man without working testicles and you are a women without working overies. Ones gender can never be changed. You are who you are. If someone wants to have surgery, they are only creating the illusion, or at best, moving slightly closer to what they feel they SHOULD be inside. But the truth is, you, me... we're all stuck with what we are.

Personally, I'd like to see people become secure and accept themselves and love themselves for who they are. If you're a man, be proud of it. If you're a women, be proud of it. Same goes for being fat, acne, gay, lesbian, balding people... just love who you are and stop fretting over things you can not change. 

Yeah, we all want a perfect world. But the unfortunate reality is that the world is not perfect, and some people really feel like they don't belong in their bodies. What gives you the right to decide what they are for them?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com