By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - When is VGChartz going to accept transsexuals?

Ka-pi96 said:
Ninsect said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Everyone please stop acting like the person who created the VGChartz website is a terrible person.

I'm sure he isn't. He just has stopped caring about the technical aspect of it. I haven't seen changes/fixes in what seems like years.

But you're a 2014 user, how could you possibly know that?

Been a lurker since like 2008 ;o

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

:o That must be a record for lurking!

I don't know AZWification age, but he's been lurking for centuries.

Daisy said:
AZWification said:

Yes, because VGChartz is clearly the only forum with this issue, if you can even call it an issue... -__-

You have to start somewhere sweetheart.

Maybe, but this is not the VGChartz "issue" that needs to be fixed right now..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Daisy said:
AZWification said:

Yes, because VGChartz is clearly the only forum with this issue, if you can even call it an issue... -__-

You have to start somewhere sweetheart.

Maybe, but this is not the VGChartz "issue" that needs to be fixed right now..

It takes seconds to fix. Why not?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Wright said:
greenmedic88 said:

With regards to your avatar, keep it: if you liked Catherine as I did, Erica is a good character design, even if she was a pretty minor character. 

Eh, I was just screwing around. I've been with Erica avatar for a while now, with small changes. After this thread, I feel like going back to Erica again is a good option!

Besides, Erica is that kind of character I'd like to go out on a date with.

And, err, I assume you already know this, but in case you do not, Erica is actually a transsexual.

I'm sure there are more, but that's only the second instance I'm aware of where a video game story writer saw it fit to specify that a character is transsexual. 

Most know about Poison from Final Fight and the reason why she was described by the creators at Capcom as being transsexual to avoid being called out for male on female violence back in the 90s, which is entertaining, seeing as how the first home version of the game for the SNES had sprite swaps to literally turn Poison into a male. 

I don't think it really matters unless it's a part of the story, but judging by the responses in this thread, there are people who still do. 

Around the Network
greenmedic88 said:

I'm sure there are more, but that's only the second instance I'm aware of where a video game story writer saw it fit to specify that a character is transsexual. 

Most know about Poison from Final Fight and the reason why she was described by the creators at Capcom as being transsexual to avoid being called out for male on female violence back in the 90s, which is entertaining, seeing as how the first home version of the game for the SNES had sprite swaps to literally turn Poison into a male. 

I don't think it really matters unless it's a part of the story, but judging by the responses in this thread, there are people who still do. 

Eh, I don't think it matters either. I have no problem with any of these situations, and I generally respect everyone's opinion on the matter. Regarding Erica, though, it's just that the "twist" really surprised me in a very good way (Guess Toby don't think the same, HEH), and so Erica actually became one of my favourite characters ever, even if she had a relatively minor supporting role.

Also, the way Atlus worked over Erica's character was pretty genuine and mature. She wasn't transsexual for the sake of being it and so adding "shallow equality" to the game (nowadays these kind of things are being forced on games for the sake of good publicity), but rather, she just simply was, and that's how her character was conceived from the beginning.

Wright said:
Ka-pi96 said:

:o That must be a record for lurking!

I don't know AZWification age, but he's been lurking for centuries.

Then joins and makes 10,000 posts in a year. lol

not just online that discriminates

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Ninsect said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Don't they just call themselves what ever they changed their gender to? Why is this suddenly a issue?

Read my example. My issue is that what if I sign up as a (confused) man, for example, but progress to identifying as a woman

Then just make a new account. Is your post count really that important? You say we should be able to change genders and later said we should be able to change names too. There is a solution for both. New account.

I am sure the site owner A. Won't see this thread and B. Has more important things he needs to worry about than gender changing on the forum.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Ka-pi96 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Ninsect said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Don't they just call themselves what ever they changed their gender to? Why is this suddenly a issue?

Read my example. My issue is that what if I sign up as a (confused) man, for example, but progress to identifying as a woman

Then just make a new account. Is your post count really that important? You say we should be able to change genders and later said we should be able to change names too. There is a solution for both. New account.

I am sure the site owner A. Won't see this thread and B. Has more important things he needs to worry about than gender changing on the forum.

It's like the most important thing ever!

Also, why should people have to make a new account for that, that just confuses everybody. Why can't they just keep the one they've used for years?

Confuses everyone if we have users constantly changing their genders around for shits and giggles too. We will gain a new breed of troll, who masquerades as a female to get tons of friend requests and wall posts, only to then change it back and upset all those poor young VGCers who were trying to find a lady friend.

Make a new account and stop complaining is what I say. 

Heck, VGC should get rid of post counts while they are at it, that way we can eradicate spammers who make shitty posts only to increase theirs. That would be much more beneficial to this site than something like gender changing.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!