By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - When is VGChartz going to accept transsexuals?

I was looking through the profile settings page and saw no option to change your (profile) gender.

As an example, let's say I was a biological man who signed up as a confused kid 5 years ago but slowly grew into the idea that I was a woman in a man's body. Naturally I would like to change my VGC gender as well, but as far as I'm aware, VGC does not allow that.*

We're already this far into the 21st century. Isn't it time to embrace reality already, VGC?

*By "that" I mean change from male to female and female to male.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

They should include an option to hide your gender (like your age) as well.

So an "other" option? I don't oppose it, but there are a ton of more important issues that need solving right now, lol.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:
So an "other" option? I don't oppose it, but there are a ton of more important issues that need solving right now, lol.

No, I mean the option to change your gender. After you sign up you can't change it at all. It's about basic human rights

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

So are you saying you are a transsexual and have changed gender?

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
Madword said:

No, since I can't change my gender

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

KylieDog said:
Born a man always a man.

Not really the subject of the topic but that is a bit insensitive to transsexuals.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
Madword said:

No, since I can't change my gender

Right, but your gender has changed right? Or has your gender not changed and you are just saying it should be an option.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Ka-pi96 said:
I suppose it would be a good option to have, but I don't think it would be that big a deal. I mean this site has been around for a long time now and if this is the first time it's been brought up... then yeah, not many people care...

People might be afraid to ask, which is why I am asking for them. Still, the past is the past, we're in the now now and now I am asking!

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:

I was looking through the profile settings page and saw no option to change your (profile) gender.

As an example, let's say I was a biological man who signed up as a confused kid 5 years ago but slowly grew into the idea that I was a woman in a man's body. Naturally I would like to change my VGC gender as well, but as far as I'm aware, VGC does not allow that. 

We're already this far into the 21st century. Isn't it time to embrace reality already, VGC?

There is no such thing, biologically speaking, as a "transsexual" or "transgender". You're born either a man or women and no amount of surgery will ever change that. A man can not have working ovaries and a women can not have a pair of working testicals/sperm.