By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why so much hate for the "New" Nintendo 3ds???

TheWPCTraveler said:
Jumpin said:
TheWPCTraveler said:
I think the outrage is simply because Xenoblade Chronicles 3D is exclusive to the New 3DS. Thus, setting a predecent for more games to be released exclusively for it.

It's a dangerous predecent, but not one third-party publishers will follow.

Without the upgrade, Xenoblade would not be possible on a handheld. Now it is, and that's awesome!

I recognize that it will not be possible on the 3DS, but what I (and a lot more) am worried for are more games like this.

Again, I expect a DSi-style situation, but Xenoblade happened.

Why do you worry about that? It would be awesome if more large scale games like Xenoblade got ported to the system.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Aerys said:
DialgaMarine said:

Everyone would agree with you and wouldnt accept that if it was not a nintendo console.

No matter how you see it, it's disgusting for 3DS buyers and very worrying if the others are inspired by nintendo model for their console" hey, my X1 is not enough powerful, what if we make a better console for 2016, after all, nintendo did and nobody complained", and those who say " GBC" seem to not remember it didnt came 3 years after but  9 year after GB, so this has absolutely nothing to do with this dick move.

Thats not true at all, Just because its a nintendo console? First of all alot of people make arguments to justify certain actions, Nintendo doesn't get a pass. Especially when Nintendo gets the most heat in the gaming industry. (You kno, with all the doom, needs to go third party, etc.)

People are blowing this out of the water. First of all, the years play a part, but 3 years isnt bad. Also why do people keep saying 3 years when its 4 years? The west aint getting it intill next year (2011 vs 2015), probably March the earliest (only japan gets it under 4 years, but thats actually 3 years and 8/9 months.)

Your not justifying it by saying "oh Gbc came out 9 years", how about GBA ⇒ DS? An entirely new HH comes out in under 4 years, have we forgotten that?

Lastly what the **** is the problem with the N3DS? Only reasonable thing is the Exclusive Games, but even that could be argued.

1. N3DS will not stop support for the 3DS owners, Its so far 1 game that wouldn't be possible if it werent for the N3DS, and to top it off its a port of a last gen game.

2. Like wat i said above, GBA ⇒ DS in under 4 years, yet.....? Dont see any problems.

3. GBC actually did stop support for GB, which N3DS clearly isnt doing.

4. As far as exclusives go for N3DS, we kno over 20 games coming out and only 1 of them is needed for the N3DS. Games such as MH4G/SSB is a huge deal for N3DS yet its still works for original 3DS.

Why are many people complaining? Because of an exclusive that wouldn't be possible without N3DS? Or something thats not even proven true which is 3DS is not going to be supported any more. Seriously?

In the West next year for example.....

*Pokemon Z (this is either next year or 2016)

~Bravely default 2

~Project STEAM (or watever its called)

~Monster Hunter 4G

Because the console they bought 3 days ago is now obsolete, and that came out of nowhere.

We don't know if the "old" 3DS will keep getting support.

overman1 said:
torok said:
MikeRox said:
tbone51 said:
FiveOVER said:

exactly, people are just reaching with this. many who wont admit Nintendo is being dirty and coy with this. Same people who will jump to critisize MS or Sony if they ever try to attempt something as dodgy as this. 

If Nintendo was really being dirty then i would admit it but it aint true, as i pointed out in the post above.

Same people to critisize MS+Sony? C'mon thats just a very few and its from all sides. 

I can admit when Nintendo is Wrong/being dirty, etc. And i try to be reasonable with other companis too.

Ex: I feel like Nintendo is one of the best with DLC, they make it so its definitely worth the purchase (looking at MK8), but unfortunately Mario Golf was definitely wrong and a rip off (at least to me) when it came to dlc.

MS just recently did something dirty, though its not like anybody cares and its pricing the Kinect at $150. Of course this is an opinion shared all over the internet as i dont personally care.

Sony awhile back had that psp go. Yes it might be different situation then nintendo HH, but it didn't allow you to play your retail games, right? PS Vita TV wont let you play some vita games as i recall. (though im looking to purchase one in the future).

I dont think Nintendo ripping people off, if many agreed then nobody would buy the N3ds, and clearly that would be untrue as we'll see in Oct this year (for the japanese).

RenCutypoison said:

Because the console they bought 3 days ago is now obsolete, and that came out of nowhere.

Next year.... for the West.

Bravely Default 2

MH4G

Project STEAM

**Pokemon Z

Every Third Party Game (or 99% of them)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
RenCutypoison said:

Bravely Default 2

MH4G

Project STEAM

**Pokemon Z

Every  already announced Third Party Game (or 99% of them)

Fixed. Also what about two years from now ? What's the point of new hardware if there are no games for it ?

The fact that my 3DS model doesn't allow me to play this Xenoblade game (despite being called a 3DS game) should be enough to hate it xD

Though I don't hate Nintendo. They're being pretty clever here, from a bussiness standpoint.

Jumpin said:

TheWPCTraveler said:

I recognize that it will not be possible on the 3DS, but what I (and a lot more) am worried for are more games like this.

Again, I expect a DSi-style situation, but Xenoblade happened.

Why do you worry about that? It would be awesome if more large scale games like Xenoblade got ported to the system.

I thought this forum had conclusively decided that people DIDN'T want this, and this is why the Vita was a failure?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

RenCutypoison said:
tbone51 said:
RenCutypoison said:

Bravely Default 2

MH4G

Project STEAM

**Pokemon Z

Every  already announced Third Party Game (or 99% of them)

Fixed. Also what about two years from now ? What's the point of new hardware if there are no games for it ?

It could be 2-3 more ports of wii/gcn games, but to answer your question, why not have some games take advantage with the extra power? Like Pokemon for example. DSi had something going for it if yu had Pokemon Black2/White2 on it.

That said, the new 3ds doesn't just take advantage for the extra power (meaning make games exclusive for it), but instead many new Games and some old can take advantage of it. Ex: Monster Hunter and Super Smash Bros. A shooter as well now.

3DS will still get support, i dont see Nintendo (or even third parties) abandoning 45mil+ users.

~There is also better 3D on it (for the few that care)

~ Face Plates for the N3DS

~ Much better Battery

~ Button layout for games playing much easier/better

MikeRox said:

I thought this forum had conclusively decided that people DIDN'T want this, and this is why the Vita was a failure?

Well, you can't call Xenoblade a Wii exclusive if you can play it on other consoles.