By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why so much hate for the "New" Nintendo 3ds???

Wii U problem all over again.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
torok said:
tbone51 said:

I'm not saying that Nintendo is being dirty. I'm saying that Sony and MS never released a new version of a console that would run games that the older versions wouldn't. Let's say I've bought a 3DS two weeks ago. Now, there is a new model that will have access to 3DS games that my newly acquired 3DS can't run.

PSP Go wasn't capable of running any game that the normal PSP could. Actually, it couldn't run games that were released only in physical media. PS Vita TV can't run any game that the normal Vita can't. Actually, it can't run game based on touch and some other features. I have a Vita and when vita TV launched I knew that my now almost 2 year old device can run any games that Vita TV can and more. In these two cases, the new model is actually limited compared to the older one.

Cant disagree with especially recent 3ds purchases. But i will say this...

Which is worse?     3DS ⇒ N3DS      OR       GBA ⇒ DS 

Both had about the same time (around 4 years) but GBA went straight into another gen while N3DS is in the same gen as a new revision. Difference? DS 100% stop GBA games (meaning support) and only DS Games can be played on the DS.

As for the N3DS, 3DS is still getting supported, just with an exclusive (wii port) and maybe 3-5 games down the line exclusive games. Thats it. 

Is it unfair? Yes it is, but thats how alot of things go anyway and besides we dont kno wat games (if any others) are going to be exclusive. I doubt Nintendo will ignore 45mil right away, we'll see though soon enough!!!

As for the Sony comparisons, yes it is different, dont get me wrong. I just meant its not fair for those wanting a new model that cant play some/all of their already purchased software.

1. why does it matter which one is worse? just because one is less crappy does not mean the other isnt crappy, what kind of logic is that?

2. to answer your question. Im going say that this situation is actually a little bit worse. Look you either release a new console or you dont. This half ass faux new console thing is weird. They want there cake and they want to eat it too, thats not how it works. didnt really work for Sega when they were despearatly trying to prolong the life of Genesis. its just them really trying to keep the interest in 3ds up artificially.

MikeRox said:
Tbone they're mirrored situations. The last real examples I can think of were more add ons like the Mega CD and 32X, and look what they did to SEGA's reputation.

I'm curious as to Nintendo's logic behind this decision. They have the leading selling system, though sales are massively down, but at the same time, Namco in particular seem to be throwing a lot more stuff at the Vita rather than 3DS than you'd expect given the disparity in userbase.

Could the powerboost and dual analogue built in to be try and bridge the gap and try grab some of the higher profile Vita 3rd party software? I mean Digimon etc would sure be a coup to steal back from Vita in Japan.

Their home console market is struggling globally, so they need to protect their handheld business from any and all threats. An increasingly strong Vita would be a massive threat in their biggest market.

TGS could be very interesting as far as 3rd party handheld announcements with this new hardware thrown into the mix. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Namco announce a few Vita games like God Eater 2, Digimon, etc for it potentially.

god i hope this isnt the logic becasue if it is then the people at Nintendo are truly stupid. Vita isnt a threat hasnt been a threat and will not be a threat. So there is no reason for them to make any moves against it. NOW the cell phone and tablets are a threat. Funny enough they havent done a thing to really try to combat that, this N3ds sure isnt going to cut it.

oniyide said:
tbone51 said:

Both had about the same time (around 4 years) but GBA went straight into another gen while N3DS is in the same gen as a new revision. Difference? DS 100% stop GBA games (meaning support) and only DS Games can be played on the DS.

As for the N3DS, 3DS is still getting supported, just with an exclusive (wii port) and maybe 3-5 games down the line exclusive games. Thats it. 

Is it unfair? Yes it is, but thats how alot of things go anyway and besides we dont kno wat games (if any others) are going to be exclusive. I doubt Nintendo will ignore 45mil right away, we'll see though soon enough!!!

As for the Sony comparisons, yes it is different, dont get me wrong. I just meant its not fair for those wanting a new model that cant play some/all of their already purchased software.

1. why does it matter which one is worse? just because one is less crappy does not mean the other isnt crappy, what kind of logic is that?

2. to answer your question. Im going say that this situation is actually a little bit worse. Look you either release a new console or you dont. This half ass faux new console thing is weird. They want there cake and they want to eat it too, thats not how it works. didnt really work for Sega when they were despearatly trying to prolong the life of Genesis. its just them really trying to keep the interest in 3ds up artificially.

Sega=/=Nintendo. I cant change your mind, but you'll see how smart it is soon enough with the sales its going to do. It sure wont make 3DS decline again next year :0

I dont see this as a big deal that many are apparently making it. If its not for you, then dont buy it. If you want to play Xenoblade or one of the 2-4 other exclusive games that might not even exist and dont want to upgrade, thats on you.

Nintendo isnt abandoning 3ds userbase. 

MikeRox said:
Tbone they're mirrored situations. The last real examples I can think of were more add ons like the Mega CD and 32X, and look what they did to SEGA's reputation.

I'm curious as to Nintendo's logic behind this decision. They have the leading selling system, though sales are massively down, but at the same time, Namco in particular seem to be throwing a lot more stuff at the Vita rather than 3DS than you'd expect given the disparity in userbase.

Could the powerboost and dual analogue built in to be try and bridge the gap and try grab some of the higher profile Vita 3rd party software? I mean Digimon etc would sure be a coup to steal back from Vita in Japan.

Their home console market is struggling globally, so they need to protect their handheld business from any and all threats. An increasingly strong Vita would be a massive threat in their biggest market.

TGS could be very interesting as far as 3rd party handheld announcements with this new hardware thrown into the mix. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Namco announce a few Vita games like God Eater 2, Digimon, etc for it potentially.

This was part of my thought process too, get a few vita ports to finish the system off.

And I know what you're getting at with the whole "console ports wont sell vita argument", but to me the statement still stands. You can't buy xeonoblade anymore and the 3DS still has plenty of exclusive games that have already sold the system.

Around the Network

It's pretty neat that the guys whining about the New 3DS are Playstation and Xbox fans that would never touch a piece of Nintendo hardware anyway. How unexpectedly original.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
It's pretty neat that the guys whining about the New 3DS are Playstation and Xbox fans that would never touch a piece of Nintendo hardware anyway. How unexpectedly original.

know a good amount of nintendo fans complain about this too, one of the more vocal ones is my younger sister

tbone51 said:
oniyide said:
tbone51 said:

Sega=/=Nintendo. I cant change your mind, but you'll see how smart it is soon enough with the sales its going to do. It sure wont make 3DS decline again next year :0

I dont see this as a big deal that many are apparently making it. If its not for you, then dont buy it. If you want to play Xenoblade or one of the 2-4 other exclusive games that might not even exist and dont want to upgrade, thats on you.

Nintendo isnt abandoning 3ds userbase. 

i never said it was a big deal. i dont even play xenoblade on my Wii so I sure as hell wouldnt buy new hardware for a game i wouldnt even play anyway.

So what will it do sales wise? is it going to increase YOY? doubt that very much. this year or the next. Hell you dont even believe that

overman1 said:
Cheebee said:

know a good amount of nintendo fans complain about this too, one of the more vocal ones is my younger sister

the ignorance is quite funny isnt it? who are these xbox and PS fans, point them out

Blob said:
MikeRox said:

This was part of my thought process too, get a few vita ports to finish the system off.

And I know what you're getting at with the whole "console ports wont sell vita argument", but to me the statement still stands. You can't buy xeonoblade anymore and the 3DS still has plenty of exclusive games that have already sold the system.

why waste time and money to finish that system off, thats stupd. they need to go after the market thats actually hurting their bottom line. Phones and tablets