By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [UPDATE] Marth/Villager/WiiFitTrainer Amiibos Currently SOLD OUT! (Amazon US)

NickK said:
Still do not know how it is gonna work but looks promising!!

DK for me!

p.s. In Australia, $29 each.

Ouch.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
I have 10 of them ordered atm

HOLY SHIT! You just spent $130+ Tax O.o

Holy FUCKING SHIT! Buy Me One (or 5) XD

yeah it came out to like $140 with the free shipping option

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I'm surprised Mario is below link and Samus. Although I prefer the Zelda and metroid games

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

I pre ordered the whole set today at Gamestop and man was it quite pricey and i'm not even sure i wanna open them and destroy the packaging!

I'll probably pick up Mario, Link, Samus, Pika, Kirby, and WFT... I'm weak :(

Around the Network

I'll probably wait until I see them in a store before I buy any but I plan on getting Link and Peach out of this set. I will definitely pick up a Zelda and Palutena when they are released as well.

NickK said:
Still do not know how it is gonna work but looks promising!!

DK for me!

p.s. In Australia, $29 each.

What a joke, are they region locked?

Wonder how many will buy them just as figurines as the quality is actually pretty decent.

lord_of_flood said:

True. I hope they explain how they're used in other games as well, they need to do that very soon. Also, I'd hope that they're available in retailers other than Amazon, Best Buy, and Gamestop... they're gonna need the Wal-Marts, Targets, etc. if they want this to succeed.

"Now in the Prime Trilogy re-release you can use your amiibos to take on the sinister Metroid Prime and Dark Samus as Kirby wearing a Samus Hat!"

Day 1, instabuy.

I'll probably buy some of them. Only because they look really cool. They would look cool on my nightstand or on my desk. But as for the gameplay, so far I'm not impressed and I don't think I'll be using them much, if everuse them in the first place.

I'll deffinetly buy Link, Samus, Mario and Pikachu. And Fox for my brother since he's his favorite nintendo character.

All others are maybes, but Yoshi, Kirby and DK are very likely (basicaly the whole original 8). I'd say Marth is also likely. All of them being likely means that I will likely buy one or two of those, but if I ever by any chance buy all of those mentioned above, I guess I'd probably might as well go ahead and buy the last three just for the sake of having the whole collection.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

The fact that Samus and Fox are up in the top five tells us exactly who is ordering these, I think, so I wouldn't read too much into first week sales. The old-school Nintendo faithful always were going to buy these as collectibles and keepsakes. The real question is, will this catch on with the Skylanders crowd? Will this become a hit with kids? That will be the factor that determines real success but it's also something that will need time to build momentum.

The holidays will be the make or break point for the ... Amiibos system .. or whatever it's called. Damn, that's embarrassing to even type. Shoulda just called them Ninlanders.