By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When do you think the next price cut will happen for the X1?

Will the X1 get another price cut in 2014?

No, just additional bundles 109 39.64%

No, everything has already been announced 37 13.45%

Yes, to $349 84 30.55%

Yes, to $299 41 14.91%

Yes, other (explain in post) 3 1.09%

Total:274
S100U said:
A white xbox-one bundled with MCC would have been a better idea than Sunset Overdrive bundle.

Just noticed this and fully agree. I also think a selling point of the bundle could be a free digital download of halo 5 when it's ready.

Around the Network

I'd say it would be illegal, in Europe at least, for MS to arbitrarily undercut the cost based on MS having vast funds to survive a subsidized console against a fledgling company, Sony. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think they'd be allowed to sell at a loss if it appeared to be monopolistic.

I think March 2015 to $349.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Gamescom 2015 will announce a $100 price cut.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

A $50 price cut early next year.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
I think March 2015 to $349.

nfl bundle is already at that price.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Before the new generation there was some speculation on subscription based sales. Why is there not an offer for two years of XBL + XboxOne console for $40 a month.

Does anyone really care? It seems like any exclusive on Xbox One comes to PS4. I don't see myself purchasing a Xbox this gen. I think most people feel the same way. Just buy Halo on PC.

Whenever 20nm yields and capacity at TSMC improve sufficiently to enable AMD to shrink the XB1 APU down and MS uses the opportunity to redesign the XB1 to reduce costs. The problem for MS is that Sony will have the same opportunity to reduce costs when 20nm hits, so will likely match any price cut MS does and maintain the sales momentum.

20nm production has just started at TSMC however production quantities and yields are low so production is currently focussing on mobile SoC's for Apple and Qualcomm (smaller dies than what the PS4 and XB1 APU's use, so yields aren't as big an issue). By Q1-Q2 2015 production should be sufficient to shrink the PS4 and XB1 APU's, so I'd peg a price cut for the PS4 and XB1 around the Mar-May 15 timeframe.

VanceIX said:

No price cuts until next year, MCC alone will carry the console for 2014. If it struggles next spring/summer, I would think they slash the price to $349.99.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one