By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When do you think the next price cut will happen for the X1?

Will the X1 get another price cut in 2014?

No, just additional bundles 109 39.64%

No, everything has already been announced 37 13.45%

Yes, to $349 84 30.55%

Yes, to $299 41 14.91%

Yes, other (explain in post) 3 1.09%

Total:274

I guess the next price cut will be at E3 2015.

Around the Network

It looks like a battle for second place. If Microsoft is content with battling for second, they won't do anything but planned bundles. If they are content we are going to see $349 with games bundles for black Friday and more.  

If they are really serious, they will announce a price drop on the day of Halo.

early 2015

Either they do in January or wait until Fall of 2015.. Spring/Summer price decreases are of little benefit for sales.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Intrinsic said:
Do some people really think that price is really the problem the XB1 has?

I personally think that if the XB1 was priced at $250 to the PS4s $400 the PS4 will still outsell it, kinda like how a Samsung galaxy S/note that costs $600 still outsells phones that cost $350.

But apparently there seem to be people that seem to think that tons of people really really want an XB1 and are just waiting for a price drop or Halo.

Anyways OT: All I know is that the if things continue like they have this year, by the time Halo 5 is released it will be bundles with a $300 XB1.

Lots of doom in that post. The sales are low now, Once the holidays come around they will pick up. People do want them and around 92% of last gen has not bought in yet. So just calm down the the dooooooomzzzzzzzzzzz. PS3 came back real strong and was in worse position then the XBOX ONE>

Around the Network
Josiah said:

It looks like a battle for second place. If Microsoft is content with battling for second, they won't do anything but planned bundles. If they are content we are going to see $349 with games bundles for black Friday and more.  

If they are really serious, they will announce a price drop on the day of Halo.

They will do Black Friday deals but as for a permanent drop, nope, they will make you wait in a line at Best buy, or your store of choice.

So I Say $350 with game bundled for Black Friday. I think it will pick up steam in September and keep strong through December. No doubt they bombed their Launch, However next year this will be all forgotten and lots of great games. They dug them selfs a hole. DRM should have been Tested out before they went full out. I'm sure just doing some polling results would have shown not to go through with the idea.

nope, but i see this for mars 2015.

Another price cut? When was there one? I didn't know there was one already.

DJEVOLVE said:
Intrinsic said:
Do some people really think that price is really the problem the XB1 has?

I personally think that if the XB1 was priced at $250 to the PS4s $400 the PS4 will still outsell it, kinda like how a Samsung galaxy S/note that costs $600 still outsells phones that cost $350.

But apparently there seem to be people that seem to think that tons of people really really want an XB1 and are just waiting for a price drop or Halo.

Anyways OT: All I know is that the if things continue like they have this year, by the time Halo 5 is released it will be bundles with a $300 XB1.

Lots of doom in that post. The sales are low now, Once the holidays come around they will pick up. People do want them and around 92% of last gen has not bought in yet. So just calm down the the dooooooomzzzzzzzzzzz. PS3 came back real strong and was in worse position then the XBOX ONE>

This is one of the most common fallacies I keep seeing on this site.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
Another price cut? When was there one? I didn't know there was one already.

??? There have been several price cuts. Why so defensive?

OT they will most likely announce a price cut in Feb to fend off The order/bloodborne/uncharted