By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When do you think the next price cut will happen for the X1?

Will the X1 get another price cut in 2014?

No, just additional bundles 109 39.64%

No, everything has already been announced 37 13.45%

Yes, to $349 84 30.55%

Yes, to $299 41 14.91%

Yes, other (explain in post) 3 1.09%

Total:274
arachnid15 said:
I cannot see a price cut this year. The console is not even a year old and is doing okay, not great, but okay. I think it will just benefit from games and a solid holiday season.

I think you are correct in reference to the US, and to some extent the UK. It is doing 'okay'.

Further evidence can be found by examining the markets where the XB1 is doing horribly such as Germany. Instead of significant price cuts, they instead choose crazy bundling. There is a bundle now for XB1 + COD:AW + Destiny for 399 Euros, or the previous price of kinectless bare SKU.

Following that logic, if things get worse here (or fail to improve), then more aggressive bundling indeed is likely to happen before a raw price cut.

$349 I don't think would be effective anyway, it's not enough of a cut to change anything, it just loses more money that way.

$299 would have a big impact I believe, provided it's still bundled with a title, but I don't think they are willing to do that yet. If they're not willing to try that in Europe where losing 6 to 1 is a normal week, then they won't do it here where they are losing closer to 1.5 to 1 + or - a few %.

Around the Network

The only thing that makes me wonder is September NPD though. That will be announced mid-October, and I fully expect a 3:1 loss for XB1 in the US to be within reach. Anything less than 2:1 would be stunning.

Price isn't the problem. They could GIVE them away, and I still wouldn't want one.

With a Kinectless skew with Madden and another game of your choice for $399 happening in September.

A price drop is coming soon. It might as well be $299 now.

Arkaign said:
The only thing that makes me wonder is September NPD though. That will be announced mid-October, and I fully expect a 3:1 loss for XB1 in the US to be within reach. Anything less than 2:1 would be stunning.

The whole 'Get A Free Game When You Buy An Xbox One!' thing might help them, and in fact I can't help but think they're DOING the promotion specifically to boost sales so they don't look so badly wrecked come the NPD. (I mean, Jesus, apparently it even applies to the Madden bundles, so you can get Madden for free AND the other free game as well. o.o ) Even if the deal doesn't turn many brand new users, it MIGHT convince people who were already planning to get one sometime between October to December to hop aboard early, basically moving future sales to the present month and creating a 'bulge' in September. Doubt it'll help them win the NPD, or even get close, but it might keep the loss from being TOO much of an obliteration. xP

I can see more than a few Sunset Overdrive bundles getting cancelled, for one thing, as people who were planning to wait for that release could see the sense in switching over if they have the slightest intentions of EVER picking up Madden. xP

Also can't help but wonder how irritated the folks who bought the Madden bundle before the news dropped must be. =P

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network
2008ProchargedGT said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
2008ProchargedGT said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Another price cut? When was there one? I didn't know there was one already.

??? There have been several price cuts. Why so defensive?

OT they will most likely announce a price cut in Feb to fend off The order/bloodborne/uncharted

Oh you mean those limited time "price cuts" only some retailers did? Isn't that just what a business does all the time? I've seen both the xb1 and ps4 gets these "price cuts" I wonder when Sony is having another price cut? 

The $400 edition isn't a price cut just having kinect unbundled lowers the price but it isn't a price cut. An Xbox with kinect @ $400 (not for a limited time only) is a price cut.

So you agree they were price cuts. Also why brng Playstation into this? We are not discussing thier current or future price. When do you think the Xbox1 will have any variation of another price cut?

Because you were claiming the Xbox one has had several price cuts and that is simply not the case here. I was using the ps4 as an example. You can get one for $360 so my question is when is the next price cut for the ps4?

You are being way too defensive.  Your initial post was too matter of fact , and you are using semantics to inject your agenda. I will not discuss PS4 in this thread because its off topic I will however discuss the next price cut for Xbox1 (the reason im in this thread). If you dont want to do that then why are you here? 

To correct your mistake on Xbox having another price cut which clearly it never has had an official price cut that isn't temporarily done by a business in order to increase sales.

That just isnt true tho... you came to the defense before I even posted in this thread....

If there was an Xbox one with kinect @ $400 and not just for a limited time then I would agree it to be a price cut.

VanceIX said:

No price cuts until next year, MCC alone will carry the console for 2014. If it struggles next spring/summer, I would think they slash the price to $349.99.

Looking at the results of the poll, combined with how poorly the X1 sold at $399, how is it possible that most people got this one wrong?

$349 happened, with heavy bundling, BEFORE BF.