By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Where did the Big Bang Come from?

o_O.Q said:

well for me ultimately i believe that our logical understanding of the universe is not enough to explain what caused it 

so it leads me to the conclusion that something outside of our understanding must have caused it or god 

something that as the saying goes defies logic

i also think that its quite likely that a lot of the conclusions we have drawn about the universe and the nature of reality itself are themselves wrong

then there's also the possiblility as someone said that the universe itself is infinite and has no cause or end

I don't think something outside of our understanding causing the universe defies logic at all. Just because time exists now as we know it does not (from a logical perspective) mean that time has always existed. Provided that time has not always existed, logic would say it is perfectly reasonable to believe that God has just always existed, or even that the beginnings of the big bang has just always existed.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network
ikki5 said:

Lets see, it is either God, or nothing. But of course you cannot create something from nothing so therefore God, but then, who created God some might say, personally, I'd Say God is God and he's always been there as He is God. But then you get the argument that maybe all the components where there from the beginning but then still that doesn't make sense as you obviously cannot have anything without something there to create it... so we get into the ferocious circle... which leaves me to again say God again. Also because if it there wasn't a creator, we got order from chaos and order that was maintained somehow amid chaos so I can't see that happening so I see that there had to be something that guided it all and that someone would be God.

Assuming the rest of your post makes logical sense (though it really doesn't), which god are you refering to? The Aberhamic god? Brahman? Orisis? Tepeu? Someone that nobody has thought of yet?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:

Assuming the rest of your post makes logical sense (though it really doesn't), which god are you refering to? The Aberhamic god? Brahman? Orisis? Tepeu? Someone that nobody has thought of yet?

Only 1 religion is the true religion. The others are a result of the devil trying to deceive people. Common sense man.

Baalzamon said:
Normchacho said:

Only 1 religion is the true religion. The others are a result of the devil trying to deceive people. Common sense man.

All hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
VXIII said:

The first "cause", someone / something that is beyond the law of physics, timeless, and like no other thing that you can observe or fully understand.

Either you are a religious or "scientific", it requires you lot of faith to form a belief about this subject. The two debating camps have a lot in common and they never really realized it.

I don't really understand why there is a debate at all. People have as much chance of comprehending a situation outside the parameters of the universe they live in as they do of imagining infinity. You can't.

It's not religion vs science, it's philosophy vs philosophy.

Zekkyou said:
VXIII said:

The first "cause", someone / something that is beyond the law of physics, timeless, and like no other thing that you can observe or fully understand.

Either you are a religious or "scientific", it requires you lot of faith to form a belief about this subject. The two debating camps have a lot in common and they never really realized it.

I don't really understand why there is a debate at all. People have as much chance of comprehending a situation outside the parameters of the universe they live in as they do of imagining infinity. You can't.

It's not religion vs science, it's philosophy vs philosophy.

The value of triumph. It is high in the mind of debating people, the feeling of victory is satisfying.

On the other hand, the value of acceptance and understanding is so low. So one side only looking for counter argument without really trying to find the truth or get a knowledge out of it.

"long dispute proves that both sides are wrong"

VXIII said:

So one side only looking for counter argument without really trying to find the truth or get a knowledge out of it.

Is it really due to lack of effort to finding the truth though? In my case, the reason I approach the debate by shunning the logic of the religious is to get them to quit babbling at me regarding things I don't want to hear, as I have largely accepted it (the "beginning" of the universe) is something I will very likely never have the ability to understand in my lifetime. So there isn't really a reachable truth or knowledge to be had. There is a very high likelihood that no matter how many resoures we put towards attempting to discover the answer, we will still not know in any of our lifetimes.

The paradox is that "endlessness" is beyond human logic, but at the same time our logic tells us existence of forces & time must be endless.

The mythology of "gods" that humans have written may be a real message, or may be complete baloney, but the conclusion of human logic has to be: there is "something", a force, a law of nature, a god, something that is endless without a doubt, but we can not and may never understand.

It's possible that when we die we will find out, or it's also possible that we are an accidental germ in this universe that stops living and never finds out what's really going on with our endless universe.

The way I would imagine something endless is like a circle. A circle has no beginning or end, but it has points on it.

My 8th gen collection

I wish everyone would just recognize science and spirituality as the same thing.