By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Where did the Big Bang Come from?

larrysdirtydrawss said:
Mystro-Sama
Most Atheists i've spoken to dropped the smartass attitude after that question. Not to mention that they can't seem to answer the question of how an existence without consciousness can create an existence with consciousness.

how did the consciousness come into being in the first place... how did IT come into its own consciousness. i think this will never be really answer cause no one will ever truely know... it can be spun both ways forever...

We can never answer where everything comes because existence is illogical.  This is why I believe we are more than random chance.

However as far as consciousness we can observe that it can occur out of a biochemical process, as chains of chemicals in a cell reproduce and form a brain, and after about 2 years of absobing information, the human brain becomes self aware.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

Mystro-Sama said:

Not to mention that they can't seem to answer the question of how an existence without consciousness can create an existence with consciousness.

That's easy, it's no different from humans, who can't fly, making a machine that can fly. Our consciousness is just our molecules reacting in a certain way, a trait that naturally developed through natural selection of the more intelligent among our forebears. 

On the flipside, can God create a rock so big he can't lift it? ;)

ArchangelMadzz said:
o_O.Q said:

what caused the universe was an entity that exists without an initial cause or what some people call god

Don't change the definition of words so that it's impossible for you to be wrong. It's a major cop out. You believe an entity created the universe, that is all. Do not create a fallacy for yourself where you make yourself correct by using made up definitions.

i didn't give a definition i gave my opinion as i would assume everyone here does with their posts

i think what you meant to tell me is that i should be consistent, that i shouldn't describe something a certain way initially then change that entirely later in a discussion

and btw just about anything that exists can be defined in infinite ways depending on how abstract you are

if someone ask you to describe someone for them and you say something like "oh they have red hair and large shoulders" but thats not enough information so you say "ok they have red hair, large shoulders and a large nose"

that is being more specific its adding more information to narrow down the subject matter

Well i believe there is a god! and he created all of this.

Add me if u want :)

Prof. Michio Kaku. He breaks it down...in a nutshell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NbBjNiw4tk&index=8

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
KylieDog said:
o_O.Q said:
KylieDog said:

And before that?

that means that nothing happened prior, that there was no start and will be no end

Everything has an initial cause.  You cannot have effect without it.  So what was before?

well if you think that its more likely that there's an endless chain up until infinity fair enough buddy lol but for me from my perspective its pretty simple

KylieDog said:
o_O.Q said:
KylieDog said:

Everything has an initial cause.  You cannot have effect without it.  So what was before?

well if you think that its more likely that there's an endless chain up until infinity fair enough buddy lol but for me from my perspective its pretty simple

Yes, to ignore fact and indulge in fantasy.

what fact?

spurgeonryan said:

Fuck it! I will just continue to believe in God. You got to have more faith to believe in Galaxies banging than My Homie G making it all.

Where did god come from?

The argument put forward by Stephen Hawking is that the question isn't a meaningful one, because there is no "before the big bang", in the same sense that a tennis ball doesn't have a "start" point on it.

Personally, I'm actually somewhat skeptical of the big bang, as a scientist. It falls foul of the same problems that creation by a deity does, in my view. I don't have enough evidence to say with any confidence, but I suspect that the universe doesn't have a "start" at all - that it has always existed. All evidence of the big bang is based on experimental measurements of other things and comparing them to predictions... but I have an idea that may be able to explain those measurements without requiring a big bang. But this isn't the place for that discussion.

Lets see, it is either God, or nothing. But of course you cannot create something from nothing so therefore God, but then, who created God some might say, personally, I'd Say God is God and he's always been there as He is God. But then you get the argument that maybe all the components where there from the beginning but then still that doesn't make sense as you obviously cannot have anything without something there to create it... so we get into the ferocious circle... which leaves me to again say God again. Also because if it there wasn't a creator, we got order from chaos and order that was maintained somehow amid chaos so I can't see that happening so I see that there had to be something that guided it all and that someone would be God.

spurgeonryan said:

http://www.big-bang-theory.com/

So where did black holes come from or singularities? What was before the big bang? What made whatever it is that made the big bang? Where did the thing that made the big bang come from? What made the thing that made the thing that made the big bang? Are black holes slowly swallowing up the universe again until everything is sucked up again and they get so full that they expode a new universe out in another billion years? If so then how long till Humans evolve out of Big Bang matter again? Will we look the same or will something else emerge?

Does this all depend on luck and chance and science, so we could not possibly know when we would evolve into humans again after the second big bang? How do we know this is not the first big bang? How many big bangs have there been? What started the original Big Bang? What made the thing that started the original big bang? Is a big bang just another reality exploding into a new reality? Is the old reality/alternate dimension still there? Who made that alternate dimension? Seems like time and space is so full that we could all explode at any minute.

Fuck it! I will just continue to believe in God. You got to have more faith to believe in Galaxies banging than My Homie G making it all.

Yeah, so who made god?

You're asking questions that no one can answer. As humans we are part of the universe and that's why we can never look ouside of it. We can only describe what we see inside. That doesn't mean that there's nothing outside of it, even if there would be totally other physical laws out there and most likely another time and stuff. But the multiverse theory still sounds the most reasonable. There's no reason to assume that an event such as the big bang occurs only once.

Whatever, it all comes down to the oldest and biggest problems in philosophics. What is reality? Where am I and why am I? The simple but unsatisfying answer is: You can't know. You can't know anything about reality. Do you even know if you're not alone? Maybe all the other people on the world don't even have consciusness. I mean, they may look and act like real humand with a mind and all, but that doesn't mean that they are actually alive. You can't know if someone else is self-aware without being him, which is impossible. So you could very well be all on your own in this whole effin' universe!

Cogito ergo sum - This is the only thing that a human will ever truly KNOW in his life. I think, therefore I am. You know for sure that you are here. You know for sure that you are you. There's simply not a single soubt about it, because otherwise, you wouldn't think whatever thought you are thinking right now. Everyxthing else but this simple fact remains a mystery. The reality around you is created by your brain. We never, not even once in our lives, see what is really going on. Everything is filtered and worked out for us, presented in a neat form to our inner selves. 

Maybe a reality is just a dimension and there are multiple or even infinite of it. There are so many realities, that none of them is real. Another big problem is, whatever is true in the end, it doesn't matter. Because you simply cannot imagine whatever it is. So you decide to believe in god? Fine by me, why the fuck should I care. But it's nothing cloder to reality than Big Bang. You make the mistake to ask philosphical questons to science. Science never made an attempt to answer those. Science only describes what is around us, the laws of physics and such. It doesn't answer everything. Because that's simply impossible.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.