By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Where did the Big Bang Come from?

All of you asking that silly question: "Who created God?" just need to stop right now. You're just sounding ridiculous, because we all know the answer to that question.

Humans created God!

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Most Atheists i've spoken to dropped the smartass attitude after that question. Not to mention that they can't seem to answer the question of how an existence without consciousness can create an existence with consciousness.

What made God?

And what made what made God?

And what made that?

I assume most Atheists shut up because it is a stupid set of questions and the answer would be lost on the people asking.

EXACTLY!

In my own personal case (as an atheist), I shutup when logic is thrown out the door. It has nothing to do with counter arguments,

It always begins with something along the lines of something HAD to have created the universe...God. To which, if something HAD to have created the universe, I clarify that something also HAD to have created God (etc. etc). Their response never ceases to amaze me...God just always was. He didn't have to be created. You need to have faith.

It is after that logic that my debate/argument can't go any further, because the person has made clear they have no interest in having a logical debate, but instead just want to use their faith and beliefs in the argument.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

I always get depressed when I start thinking about this topic... whose god, who created him, and who created him, what was before earth, what's outside our universe, where's the beginning... but most importantly, what's after this, do we cease to exist once we're dead? :(

o_O.Q said:

well if you think that its more likely that there's an endless chain up until infinity fair enough buddy lol but for me from my perspective its pretty simple

You see, the problem you are running into is you are creating rules that cater to your beliefs, and indicate logic is required in certain instances but not others.

By indicating there must have been a God prior to the big bang, you have indicated that you believe there to be a logical rule in place where something must first exist (God) to create something else (Big Bang). You then proceed, however, to throw this logical rule away when going further yet back in time, and you now create a new logical rule, which indicates that nothing need exist in order to create something else (God). So you have actually made an argument based on the idea that one logical rule must always be present in one situation, but must never be present in another situation, where the complete opposite logical rule is present.

This isn't saying that God doesn't exist (I really don't know). It is saying that your logic for why God must exist is completely moot.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

centertainment said:
I always get depressed when I start thinking about this topic... whose god, who created him, and who created him, what was before earth, what's outside our universe, where's the beginning... but most importantly, what's after this, do we cease to exist once we're dead? :(

That's another interesting question. Let's look at it from a physical standpoint: What are you? Is your own self replacable? Like, if the exact same brain was somewhere in another person, with every little atom in the same spot and everything - would that be you?

The atoms of your own body keep on changing. With 7 years, you have no atoms left of your initial body - but you are still there obviously. So yai, you are indeed replaceable! But wait a minute, what if we would indeed copy someones brain? Would he exist twice, would he notice, what the fuck happens in such a case?! Mindfuck, literally. Whatever, even if your own self can be copied, it would likely take millions of years for you to appear again. You won't notice the time in between of course. But you also can't know where you will appear again. Or in which form. Or anything. Oh yeah, your entire memory would also be lost.

You simply can't know, but it's a interesting question for sure. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:
o_O.Q said:

well if you think that its more likely that there's an endless chain up until infinity fair enough buddy lol but for me from my perspective its pretty simple

You see, the problem you are running into is you are creating rules that cater to your beliefs, and indicate logic is required in certain instances but not others.

By indicating there must have been a God prior to the big bang, you have indicated that you believe there to be a logical rule in place where something must first exist (God) to create something else (Big Bang). You then proceed, however, to throw this logical rule away when going further yet back in time, and you now create a new logical rule, which indicates that nothing need exist in order to create something else (God). So you have actually made an argument based on the idea that one logical rule must always be present in one situation, but must never be present in another situation, where the complete opposite logical rule is present.

This isn't saying that God doesn't exist (I really don't know). It is saying that your logic for why God must exist is completely moot.

well for me ultimately i believe that our logical understanding of the universe is not enough to explain what caused it 

so it leads me to the conclusion that something outside of our understanding must have caused it or god 

something that as the saying goes defies logic

i also think that its quite likely that a lot of the conclusions we have drawn about the universe and the nature of reality itself are themselves wrong

then there's also the possiblility as someone said that the universe itself is infinite and has no cause or end

Why people keep talking about god or allah when Zeus, Bouddha, Shiva, Vishnu and Shakti are way older. we need to give respect to the elders first screw the new guys.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

man created god. mhmm

thousands of years ago people thought it was god that makes thunder and lightning. people thought it was god that made the planets, and moons move. They thought it was god that made the sun rise every morning. They thought a demon or evil spirit made you sick. People just did not understand those things at that era.

Well, over time science/physics has proven those beliefs wrong. There is still things we are ignorant about, but overtime we will eventually understand how they work thanks to science/physics.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

What a random thread . . . 

The first "cause", someone / something that is beyond the law of physics, timeless, and like no other thing that you can observe or fully understand.

Either you are a religious or "scientific", it requires you lot of faith to form a belief about this subject. The two debating camps have a lot in common and they never really realized it.