By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN suffering widespread issues as a result of DDOS attack - Service slowly returning to normal

Strange, had no issues logging on here in EU was just after renewing my psn+ at breakfast with a 90day code and downloaded Metrico... maybe this is just in the states?

But regarding this group of basement dwellers.... good job to them, I hope they're aware of the damages they'll incur if the outage is linked back to them.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
Strange, had no issues logging on here in EU was just after renewing my psn+ at breakfast with a 90day code and downloaded Metrico... maybe this is just in the states?

But regarding this group of basement dwellers.... good job to them, I hope they're aware of the damages they'll incur if the outage is linked back to them.

Definitely not just the states, it's worldwide

Then tell them to stop it. Idiots have nothing better to do?

Hmm, pie.

celador said:
ganoncrotch said:

Definitely not just the states, it's worldwide

I wonder how Sony would calculate that in terms of a number to say in court in damages, think they could get away with claiming how many games per hour and their value were stopped? even tho in reality when the service is back up those games would just be bought then most likely. Will be funny enough to see.

That said tho, just as a lil warning, make sure if you're downloading any files in the next couple of days to be even more careful that these guys haven't injected them with malware to turn your pcs into ddos machines without your knowledge too, unless they're just running something like LoiC tho in which case their parents will be having a massive lawsuit on their hands pretty soon.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:

I wonder how Sony would calculate that in terms of a number to say in court in damages, think they could get away with claiming how many games per hour and their value were stopped? even tho in reality when the service is back up those games would just be bought then most likely. Will be funny enough to see.

That said tho, just as a lil warning, make sure if you're downloading any files in the next couple of days to be even more careful that these guys haven't injected them with malware to turn your pcs into ddos machines without your knowledge too, unless they're just running something like LoiC tho in which case their parents will be having a massive lawsuit on their hands pretty soon.

They would get away with game sales per hour, that's how it works. If our service gets taken down at work through whatever means (our own or not) some of our clients will try and claim compensation from us based on their general sales numbers because they 'lost sales' even though an hour later, 10 minutes even, our website was working fine again.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

From the twitter account:

"Sony, yet another large company, but they aren't spending the waves of cash they obtain on their customers' PSN service. End the greed."

So first you bring the service down through DDoS attack and now you act like consumer advocates, lol how about you go fuck yourself?

I second this statement

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

XBL is so much better because this never happens, XBL is definitely money well spent...Oh wait http://gearnuke.com/hacker-group-derp-beigns-attacking-xbox-live-brings-ddos-attack/ Apparently it goes down all the time because of it too :/. Seriously tho, the butthurt at Ps4 success is more sad than funny. We are all gamers, these types of attacks should piss ya off at the people responsible and not give you an excuse to bash the platform when they are obviously the victim and try to prop up their competitor when the same thing happened to their competitors. It's just sad and desperate. As gamers we should unite and be against this horseshit no matter what platform its on, after all imo a real gamer strives to enjoy games no matter what platform it's on and an attack like this on any game or game platform is a direct attack on gamers.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

This obviously because Sony can't produce enough servers in time.

Could the hackers steal data again?

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Gee, man! This world is certainly full of bored people!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---