By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN suffering widespread issues as a result of DDOS attack - Service slowly returning to normal

MoHasanie said:
Fusioncode said:
Fucking hackers. They're the scum of the Earth. Just because they can't get anywhere in life outside of their mother's basement.

You'd be surprised to know that companies are trying to hire them and are paying them big money to help improve their security. 

Source?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
MoHasanie said:
Fusioncode said:
Fucking hackers. They're the scum of the Earth. Just because they can't get anywhere in life outside of their mother's basement.

You'd be surprised to know that companies are trying to hire them and are paying them big money to help improve their security. 

Source?

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28737091

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Fusioncode said:
MoHasanie said:
Fusioncode said:

Source?

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28327117

MoHasanie said:
Fusioncode said:
MoHasanie said:

Source?

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-28737091

Considering a lot of them are criminals I don't think hiring them is a common practice.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Lol, a DDOS attack has nothing to do with hacking.

ErwinMoC said:

SHHH, this is sony's terrible servers didn;t anyone tell you? DDOS is impossible to stop, it is literally lots of communication hitting yuor server, only way top stop it is stop the servers. Can happen to anyoine.

IamPlethora said:
justgames7604 said:
tinfamous12 said:
I swear Sony has the cheapest security infrastructure of all time

No it's the second cheapest, right after Westbrook baptist church. That shit gets hack every other day.

Sigh.

Calm down man, I was making a joke. Can't understand basic humour, sight. And usually servers pick up on DDos and stop it. A server wouldn't usually serve 50million requests from a single point. Obviously these people knew a way to get around modern protocols of stopping DDos and had a fair few resources and know how to bring down a infrastructure that can serve tens of millions of people at once.

so it is a fault in their security because their servers continuously served empty requests that it should of picked up on. Please educate me on how it's not a fault in their security. I'm not saying it only happens to Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo have probably been subjected to it at one point and xbox live is brought down without attacks (xD). 

Please learn to read humour, people on the internet aren't as ignorant as you think.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

IamPlethora said:
ErwinMoC said:

SHHH, this is sony's terrible servers didn;t anyone tell you? DDOS is impossible to stop, it is literally lots of communication hitting yuor server, only way top stop it is stop the servers. Can happen to anyoine.

Flaming?

The ignorance in this thread is baffling.

Depending how big and sophisticated a DDoS attack is there is absolutely no way to stop it. It's just technologically impossible. Smaller attacks can be mitigated somewhat but the bigger and better they get the harder they are to stop.
Sony could dump hundreds of millions into a defense system and it still wouldn't be safe from the attacks.

So I'd rather they use their PS+ money to not go bankrupt rather than invest in security technology of greatly diminishing returns.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.