By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Sony lose Japan?

Alby_da_Wolf said:
They didn't lose Japan, they just can't remember where they put it.

They probably put it somewhere in their dark basement!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
PigPen said:
DerNebel said:
The only thing that has done well in Japan up to this point in the gen is the 3DS, every other dedicated gaming system is doing varying degrees of horrible.

At the end of the day my bet for leading home console of the gen in Japan is still the PS4, it just won't show its real potential until japanese third parties made the jump.

It's selling about 5,000 consoles a week.  Uncharted couldn't move the needle up to 10,000.

And Uncharted is a japanese 3rd party game?

FFXV can move the needle up to 10k+ or KHIII or Reisdent Evil 7 or Yakuza 6 or Dynasty Warriors 9 or MGS V or a new Dragons Dogma or Tales of or even a western game like GTA VI can or new IPs, for example the Evil Within seems to be doing quite reasonably and god only knows what'll happen if the next Dragon Quest comes to PS4 (assuming it's no MMO).

The point is, there are still tons of games that can and, if Sony works their 3rd party magic, will come to the PS4 from 3rd party developers in Japan. Only when the PS4 gets a steady stream of games thanks to this, then we'll know how well it can do in Japan.

Barozi said:
Don't think Sony will have much of a problem winning Japan.

PS4 has been thrown into the cold water without any kind of decent support, but once the big guns come out (starting with MGS5) things will change quickly.

This.

I am tired of saying the same thing. Wait for Final Fantasy XV and KH III. After those two games it's going to be complete domination.

Just wait dammit!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

vivster said:
How can they lose something that hasn't even started?

PS4/Vita haven't released in japan yet?

Around the Network

If you look at the profits the 3DS-software sales are superior compared to all handheld/consoles combined...

I think Sony is losing Japan, it's not too late to come back. Nintendo has definitely taken over with their consoles. The PSVita is doing decently, so I think it's more of a problem with the PS4 rather than Sony itself. Not a lot of games catering to Japanese gamers I assume.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Double post

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

AZWification said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
They didn't lose Japan, they just can't remember where they put it.

Yep, collecting dust in the closet is so passé, at least in the basement Japan can make friends with Linux geeks!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
AZWification said:

Yep, collecting dust in the closet is so passé, at least in the basement Japan can make friends with Linux geeks!   

Don't forget about otakus!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---