By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Sony lose Japan?

Ka-pi96 said:
Saying they lost not even a year in? Yeah... ummm no, it's only just started no one has won or lost anything yet.

A year in, no.  Seven months in including its launch, yes.

Around the Network

Since PS3, yes.

They didn't lose Japan, they just can't remember where they put it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I think they will do fine in Japan, but the wiiu in my opinion will win Japan.

Pretty sure Apple and Google own that market.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Once it has a Major Japanese Third Party game in it, then it's set force life.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

XanderXT said:
The only reason it's losing is no Japanese third party support. And they haven't the nerve to make freaking Knack the Pack-In?

How did you know that was the Pack-In?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Puppyroach said:
It's more the case of Japan losing interest in home consoles than anything else. This is also why we will never see a console reach the heights of PS2.

I understand people losing interstest in home consoles when 3rd party support is awful look at how Vita was doing awful before it get some support in the Handheld land isn't a proof that gamer just want a console with good games whatever it's a home console or handheld?

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

The only thing that has done well in Japan up to this point in the gen is the 3DS, every other dedicated gaming system is doing varying degrees of horrible.

At the end of the day my bet for leading home console of the gen in Japan is still the PS4, it just won't show its real potential until japanese third parties made the jump.

DerNebel said:
The only thing that has done well in Japan up to this point in the gen is the 3DS, every other dedicated gaming system is doing varying degrees of horrible.

At the end of the day my bet for leading home console of the gen in Japan is still the PS4, it just won't show its real potential until japanese third parties made the jump.

It's selling about 5,000 consoles a week.  Uncharted couldn't move the needle up to 10,000.