By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Sony lose Japan?

Sony's lost Japan with portables the moment Nintendo got Monster Hunter, the PS4 hasn't lost yet though because there's literally no games on the system that can't be purchased on the PS3.

Why are most Japanese owners going to go to the PS4 when Yakuza Ishin, Yakuza Zero chance in the US, and Nobunaga's Ambition create are also on the PS3 with a marginal difference in visual quality and 60fps instead of 30fps being the best thing about them.

Wait until the PS4 actually starts getting some games that aren't on the PS3. Final Fantasy 15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 are on the Xbox One and not PS3, so you may as well call them Japanese PS4 exclusives.

Around the Network

Neither Sony and Nintendo win the Japan. Smartphone and then handheld win the Japan.

TheJimbo1234 said:
PigPen said:

Or Japan lost consoles.

With the mess their culture is in for young men, few have the time or energy to spend on games nowadays, hence why only handhelds are sold in great numbers.

Would you care to elaborate on " culture for young men" ?

Sony has no japanesey RPGs out yet so I dont find it suprising, they need more dating sims too.

they are going extinct as a people I hear so I wouldnt find it suprising the market there is shrinking anyways though.

Its too early to say....

Games that can help

DriveClub
Dragon Ball Z
Deep Down
BloodBorne
MGS 5
Lily Bergamo
Yakuza Zero
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3

With TGS around the corner it could really be interesting. The thing is the PS4 will always be in the better position for 3rd party support because of its worldwide success, the Wii U can't win by only having 1 system seller every 6months and with selling pretty weak in Japan and simply ok everywhere else, japanese devs have no real reason to support.

Around the Network
baloofarsan said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
PigPen said:

Or Japan lost consoles.

With the mess their culture is in for young men, few have the time or energy to spend on games nowadays, hence why only handhelds are sold in great numbers.

Would you care to elaborate on " culture for young men" ?

School, study, work - repeat.

The fact that they have managed to get 1/3 of teenage guys to not be interested in sex says it all.