By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted IV Primed to hit 10 Million Sold Lifetime?

CGI-Quality said:
icykai said:
6-7 million. That as much as i think it can do after Uncharted 3's appearance...

Yeah, I remember hearing TLOU wouldn't do so hot because of Uncharted 3. Guess that didn't turn out quite as expected. And, with it sitting @ 92 on Meta, I'm not sure what was wrong with its "appearance". It will outsell its predecessor, the unanimous fan favorite, if that tells you anything. 

Thus, 6-7 million is not only a given, it will prove too low a prediction.

Correction: It has outsold its predecessor.

1 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception PS3 2011 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 2.64 2.60 0.19 0.99 6.43
2 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PS3 2009 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 3.17 2.09 0.21 0.95 6.42

At least according to vgchartz ;P

Around the Network

Seems most cant fathom ps4 success into uc4s numbers.
Most domminating highest selling console for one and two ill likely come xmas time so add to them sales.

DerNebel said:
CGI-Quality said:
icykai said:
6-7 million. That as much as i think it can do after Uncharted 3's appearance...

Yeah, I remember hearing TLOU wouldn't do so hot because of Uncharted 3. Guess that didn't turn out quite as expected. And, with it sitting @ 92 on Meta, I'm not sure what was wrong with its "appearance". It will outsell its predecessor, the unanimous fan favorite, if that tells you anything. 

Thus, 6-7 million is not only a given, it will prove too low a prediction.

1 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception PS3 2011 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 2.64 2.60 0.19 0.99 6.43
2 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PS3 2009 Action Sony Computer Entertainment 3.17 2.09 0.21 0.95 6.42

please both games are more than 7 milion now.

You know VGChartz is never accurate with anything at all and they never count digital downloads too.

TLOU (ps3) is at 4.5 million even though it is at 7.5 million.

overman1 said:
DerNebel said:

You know VGChartz is never accurate with anything at all and they never count digital downloads too.

Last I heard it was at 7 million shipped on PS3, don't get me wrong TLOU on PS3 is definitely undertracked but it has not sold through 7 million copies.

DerNebel said:
overman1 said:
DerNebel said:

Last I heard it was at 7 million shipped on PS3, don't get me wrong TLOU on PS3 is definitely undertracked but it has not sold through 7 million copies.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/the-last-of-us-sales-pass-7-million-with-new-dlc-coming

Around the Network
overman1 said:
DerNebel said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/the-last-of-us-sales-pass-7-million-with-new-dlc-coming

Exactly that's the shipment number.

WagnerPaiva said:
Teeqoz said:
WagnerPaiva said:
with a ten million console install base? nope. Probably the PS4 will have a 20 million install base when Uncharted 4 launches, so I guess it can do 4 million in the first year, with some luck. 6 million lifetime.

You think it will only have a 20 million install base by late 2015? It'l be past 16 maybe 17 million by the end of 2014....

In that case, even less: 3 million first year and 5 million lifetime. However, do not get me wrong, I will buy it.

Huh? I said that by the end of 2014, an entire year befor UC4 launches, the PS4 would be at 17 million, while you said that the PS4 will only have 20 million sold by the time UC4 launches (late 2015). Realistically tge PS4 will be somewhere between 33 and 40 million.

Teeqoz said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Teeqoz said:
WagnerPaiva said:
with a ten million console install base? nope. Probably the PS4 will have a 20 million install base when Uncharted 4 launches, so I guess it can do 4 million in the first year, with some luck. 6 million lifetime.

You think it will only have a 20 million install base by late 2015? It'l be past 16 maybe 17 million by the end of 2014....

In that case, even less: 3 million first year and 5 million lifetime. However, do not get me wrong, I will buy it.

Huh? I said that by the end of 2014, an entire year befor UC4 launches, the PS4 would be at 17 million, while you said that the PS4 will only have 20 million sold by the time UC4 launches (late 2015). Realistically tge PS4 will be somewhere between 33 and 40 million.

Oh. then 6 million.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

CGI-Quality said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Teeqoz said:

Oh. then 6 million.

You expect Uncharted 4 to sell less than its two latest predecessors? Why?

install base. I have 4 uncharted games in my collection, all brilliant. But that does not mean they will sell like wii sports, sometimes the worst games win. see killzone X halo.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

CGI-Quality said:
WagnerPaiva said:
CGI-Quality said:

You expect Uncharted 4 to sell less than its two latest predecessors? Why?

install base. I have 4 uncharted games in my collection, all brilliant. But that does not mean they will sell like wii sports, sometimes the worst games win. see killzone X halo.

Too many things wrong with these comparisons. Let's look at ShadowFall - it's poised to overtake KZ3 - and launched on a FAR lower userbase. No new Halo has released, so that's irrelvant. The "brilliance of Uncharted" and what's in your collection is also moot. Wii Sports - um, nobody suggested that Uncharted 4 would sell like it (not sure how such a comparison even makes sense when speaking even figuratively).

Bottom line, install bases grow with new releases, especially from acclaimed series'. Thus, saying it will sell 6 million max is low balling the game.

The thing is: I don´t really know man, i just gave my opinion.  I am no expert. heck,  I barelly can speak english. 6 million sounded good to me, but, well, the more, the merrier; 10 million, 20 million... Naughty dog sure deserves it...

I talked about my collection because I thought that you treating me like a uncharted hater or something... Clearly not the case, just see my trophy collection, it is all there.