By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted IV Primed to hit 10 Million Sold Lifetime?

I ask this question because of the resurgence of the Playstation brand as the market leader. I think Uncharted IV will sell over ten million lifetime & around 3 - 4 million in it's first week. Now you may label me as another Toastboy (lol) or you may say that this doesn't fit the trend of earlier Uncharted iterations but there are many things going for it: 

1. Each Uncharted grew in sales both in their first week & lifetime averages. Combine this with the fact that ND is regarded as Sony's top first party & you get all the converters jumping aboard the hype train. 

2. The PS4 has the lead this time around & it's looking like a PS2 era of dominance. 

3. Other PS4 titles such as inFamous: Second Son & Killzone Shadowfall look to be surpassing their PS3 counter - parts in lifetime sales. Why won't Uncharted follow suit? 

4. Bundles & advertisements too.

What does the VGC community think of this?

Around the Network

with a ten million console install base? nope. Probably the PS4 will have a 20 million install base when Uncharted 4 launches, so I guess it can do 4 million in the first year, with some luck. 6 million lifetime.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Could happen if there are enough converters. A trilogy remastered collection would make this even more possible.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Wont sell drastically more than current versions (UC2-3). KIllzone and SS sell more than past versions because there isnt much to play on new consoles.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

WagnerPaiva said:
with a ten million console install base? nope. Probably the PS4 will have a 20 million install base when Uncharted 4 launches, so I guess it can do 4 million in the first year, with some luck. 6 million lifetime.

You think it will only have a 20 million install base by late 2015? It'l be past 16 maybe 17 million by the end of 2014....

Around the Network

Nah, anywhere from 5 to 7 million is a safe bet.

I'd guess for it to settle between 6 and 6.5 million.

Around 8 million, it's gonna be a pretty big title.

WagnerPaiva said:

PS4 is over 10 million sold and it isn't even a year old, it will be way past 25 million by the time UC4 launches.

OT: I do think it's possible. People kept doubting the sales of ND games last gen so it's only fitting that they doubt them again this gen. Though I do think it will depend on how much Sony bundles it. 9-10 million is definitely possible.

With officiel numbers yes. ( TLOU sold 6M right ? Only on PS3)

PS4 will reach 30M by uncharted 4 release. So being the first big big title of Sony and the next ND game after TLOU, it could be more than possible if it's the last Uncharted.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I think it could do 10 millions lifetime but 3-4 m first week it impossible it's about 3 time more then Uncharted 3 first week

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m