By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Forbes: Nintendo Needs Exclusive First-Person Shooters Now That Call Of Duty Is Gone

Fusioncode said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Go Metroid maybe?

Metroid Prime 2 had a multiplayer mode, and it was terrible. That series should stay single player. 

Nehh, no reason they can't improve it...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
MDX said:

What do you mean Nintendo does not like $ ?

Nintendo has said they focus on what they are good at.  They dont do military FPS shooters.  

And what do you mean how can they get Treyarch?   They buy them from Activision, like MS bought Rare.

Or they head-hunt key people from the team.

Rare used to be independent. If it was a property of Nintendo, MS would've never acquired it.

MDX said:
Teeqoz said:
MDX said:

Nintendo is working on it.

I dont know why the article didnt point out Devil's Third.  But again, this is where third parties should step in.  This is where they can fill in the genres that Nintendo does not provide alot of content for.  But third parties are too interested in changing the game industry to make more money from it then actually making games.  A direction that Nintendo, and its gamers, does not want to go.

Ubisoft could have made ZombiU into a larger franchise with a better bigger sequel. They could have released a sequel to Red Steel 2.  That would still not make the WiiU the go to console for FPS's though; they would need alot more games for the genre.  

What I think Nintendo should do, if they want to strengthen their T/FPS library and atract the western market, is to procure Treyarch and/or High Voltage as second party studios.  And have them pump out serialized shooters:  Military, Sci-Fi and Fantasy.  

So Nintendo doesn't care about $? Lmao.

Nintendo should secure Treyarch as a 2nd party studio? How in the world would they do that?

What do you mean Nintendo does not like $ ?

Nintendo has said they focus on what they are good at.  They dont do military FPS shooters.  

And what do you mean how can they get Treyarch?   They buy them from Activision, like MS bought Rare.

Or they head-hunt key people from the team.

You said that Nintendo is more interested in just making games, while 3rd parties are interested in making money.

Nintendo would have to pay an unbelievable amount of money for Treyarch, and I'm talking about amounts in the multiple billion dollar levels.

head-hunting key people won't give them the brand recognition of Treyarch.

Thing is why step into a ring already dominated by heavyweights? Just keep making original genres of games.Or just goe twos up microsoft and relaese 007 hd

baloofarsan said:

TIMESPLITTERS! Crytek need the money desperately. Cryengine is used in Sonic BOOM. There should be some work done already on this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUYZa3GzKTU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO93LFGxiqA

Meh.. I highly doubt Crytek is ever going to do something with the TimeSplitters IP!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

But Call of Duty never made Nintendo money. Also I don't recall the Goldeneye on DS or Wii being very big. I'd love to see a Metroid Prime again. Just imagine if it had multiplayer like CoD and got critical success for it's campaign (something many FPS's don't). I think it would get quite a few Wii U's sold

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

There is nothing Nintendo can do to get the hardcore gamer back. Creating an exclusive FPS would be a waste. Nobody in their right mind is going to leave Xbox or Playstation to play a shooter on Nintendo. Nintendo will have to find a way to win the casual back like the Wii or accept selling 20 million consoles a generation.

Fusioncode said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Go Metroid maybe?

Metroid Prime 2 had a multiplayer mode, and it was terrible. That series should stay single player. 

Metroid Prime Hunters had multiplayer(even online) and it was awesome, a lot better than the one found in MP2, and that's a DS game. If Nintendo improved on what they made in Prime Hunters, I'm quite sure Metroid could be even better than being a single-player only experience.

shikamaru317 said:
I think if they made a proper Metroid FPS with multiplayer, that plus Splatoon should have the shooter crowd on Wii U covered.

I dare you to make that point to an FPS fan.

Maybe they should, but I have so much respect for Nintendo because they decided not to follow all the FPS nonsense. Too bad I wasn't old enough back when 007 N64 released. I only know Nintendo as the more kid-friendly brand.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma