By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII, it's not as bad as I thought

leo-j said:
after the first 15-20 hours.. the game really steps up.. since it becomes.. less linear.. FF XIII is up there with FF VII with my favorite FF games.. better than the time I spent with FF X.. which I only played for like 10 hours.. and didn't bother to finish

So only after the first 15-20 hrs (More like 25 hrs), the game steps up? That's just unacceptable.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
they completely butchered the story with FF XIII-2, even tho it isn't a bad game.. but it feels like an alternative ending DLC package as opposed to an actual sequel

Yeah, the least they could do was actually give FFXIII-2 a proper ending but alas they wanted Valkyrie Profile 3. -_-

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
outlawauron said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Thats arguable but we will leave that for another time

And that LR may have an improved battlesystem out of the 3 but the story and just Lightning as a character is just awful

You bother to comment on the story after claiming you only played for a bit at a friend's house.

Yes cause the Story and characterization was so awful that it made me stop playing the game and its not like I bought the game so I had no insentive to finishing it. I did say to take it with a grain of salt

As for your subjective comment, you do realize that every game is subjective to people right? Like, if someone says, Duke Nukem Forever is a great game and people say, no its not, he can pull out the, thats subjective and it will be the end of that but that doesn't make the game any better to the fans that played the series. Every game can be liked by someone but the issue that if most of the fans hate it for valid reasons, then clearly, the company made a whoopsie somewhere along the line and thats exactly what happened with FFXIII and they made a lot of whoppsies. I mean, I am not saying no one has the right to like FFXIII, if you love it, great, have fun! But there are many fans in many sites that say that they hated the game and its not cause they are making shit up, you can even look at the sales... They got cut by half with every itteration of FFXIII

Anyway, I think I gave enough of my opinion for this thread so lets move on

But that isn't true. There are objective qualities of a game to be measured. Graphics are objective, art style is subjective. Musical quality and scores are objective, but arrangements and taste are subjective. It has nothing to making up anything but more to do with gross exagerrations and a hivemind mentality that is adopted by corners of the internet. That's the only thing that irrates me, it bothered me just as much when FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII was released as well. I'd expect a ton more threads going "It wasn't as bad as everyone thinks!" as FF15 gets closer to release.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Anfebious said:
The battle system was "cool" at first but it gets really boring the more you play. Also the lack of exploration makes it even more dull... basically the game is a peice of shit. A beautiful piece of shit though, the graphics are superb.

Yup! It was pretty much a turd rolled in glitter! That's pretty much what FFXIII really was!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

If it wasn't called Final Fantasy and was made by another company, it wouldn't be pooped on so hard.

The game is actually pretty good. Great OST as always, great design as always, graphics didn't get old at all, and it's only linear for the first 15-20 hours.

First 20 hours are pretty annoying though. Also story is good, and characters are what they need to be, including hope being an annoying shit.

Around the Network

I enjoyed FF 13 as well even though it's one of my least favourite ff’s.

I think FF 13-2 is better though so I’d recommend trying that after you've finished it( I haven’t played FF 13-3 so I can’t comment on that one).

As said before, it's a bad final fantasy. It's nothing like them and spits on tradition to try and be cool. Horrible FF game, decent game otherwise.

That said, story was just awful in every respect. Nonsensical and emo.

Hmm, pie.

leo-j said:
after the first 15-20 hours.. the game really steps up.. since it becomes.. less linear.. FF XIII is up there with FF VII with my favorite FF games.. better than the time I spent with FF X.. which I only played for like 10 hours.. and didn't bother to finish

Bolded for bs.

Everyone said it gets better after 12-15 hours, etc, etc, etc.  Once you reach Gran Pulse, it opens up into one giant area with three different hallways.  The game doesn't play any different except now each character has the additional three jobs that they couldn't use unlocked, except those paradigms are pretty much useless unless you want to grind your ass off.  Leveling one level on the paradagims they're not originally proficient with takes more CP at the start than it does to level the last skills you c an acquire for their other paradigms.

The only thing Gran Pulse opens up is a bunch of L'cie fetch quests.  Most people are going to do one or two then continue on with the game without attempting the rest, if they even get that far.

If anything, Gran Pulse is better than the rest of the game because the great music and the feeling of a living world where several different speicies of animals are running along the plains, or flying, etc.  It was just a large barren wasteland to me outside of the initial wow factor.

its still bad

all about final fantasy XIII is junk.

i still wainting to see final fantasy VII remake with graphics advent children movie.