By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII, it's not as bad as I thought

I never played the game. But my sister has. All I saw was long corridors. I ignored it for that.

Around the Network
archer9234 said:

I never played the game. But my sister has. All I saw was long corridors. I ignored it for that.

You're not missing much.

Ka-pi96 said:
StarOcean said:

I wasnt a fan of the series yet when XIII was coming out, so I guess I didnt fall for any hype trailers that SE may have shown. Did people really think this was going to be the next "great" FF?

It is a main series FF game, of course people thought it was going to be incredibly great. I'm sure FF15 will be the same, when a release date is announced and more footage is shown the hype will explode!

Ah, thinking 15 will be hated? I think it might be hated more than 13 just because its an ARPG rather than turn-based, considering the series has always been turn-based. Hopefully Im wrong and people like it, but... This is the FF fanbase... a very split community on a lot of things :p

StarOcean said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Mostly cause there hasn't been a great FF game for such a long ass time and what SE led us to believe with the XIII trailers was nothing like the final result and with every move that SE makes, it makes us Facepalm harder... just wait till u play FFXIII LR

And there are tons of other reasons like linearity,  stupid battle system, unlikable characters , some terrible story elements and plot holes, etc

I wasnt a fan of the series yet when XIII was coming out, so I guess I didnt fall for any hype trailers that SE may have shown. Did people really think this was going to be the next "great" FF?

Yes? New console generation with HD graphics and the power of the ps3/360, our imaginations were off the charts, specially during the trailers but no... it was not ment to be. Instead,  they gave us something so lolz worthy that it shouldn't have the FF name... sure, maybe if it was a spinoff, the reaction would have been better but maybe not, specially after LR

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Obnoxiously linear, pacing "like an ant pushing a brick across a desert," utterly unrelatable and unlikeable characters, dialogue that says in enough words to fill a dictionary what could be said in a sentence or two, and a plot so utterly convoluted and twisted that it makes Keynesian economics look simple by comparison.

Around the Network
StarOcean said:

Mostly cause there hasn't been a great FF game for such a long ass time and what SE led us to believe with the XIII trailers was nothing like the final result and with every move that SE makes, it makes us Facepalm harder... just wait till u play FFXIII LR

And there are tons of other reasons like linearity,  stupid battle system, unlikable characters , some terrible story elements and plot holes, etc

Yes? New console generation with HD graphics and the power of the ps3/360, our imaginations were off the charts, specially during the trailers but no... it was not ment to be. Instead,  they gave us something so lolz worthy that it shouldn't have the FF name... sure, maybe if it was a spinoff, the reaction would have been better but maybe not, specially after LR

Mm, true I guess. I suppose I take HD consoles for granite now, forgot how big it really was :p why do you hate LR?

he was talking about FFXIII tho.

Btw FFXIII is not available for pc/wii. Just saying

I borrowed my friends copy, and I tried to get into it but I was so bored after the first few hours that I decided to play Fallout: New Vegas instead.

The game was quite good, i wouldn't play it again (Too Long) but i did have fun with it.

Faust said:

he was talking about FFXIII tho.

Btw FFXIII is not available for pc/wii. Just saying

What does PC/wii have to do with anything?

and FFXIII is a 3 part series that truely went omega downhill in LR and showed how low SE can really go so he will probably end up by playing that eventually and I have said already the issues I had with the first one

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850