By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII, it's not as bad as I thought

KingWithNoKrown said:
It really wasn't that bad. The problem was the hype (being the first FF title of that gen and all). I just didn't live up to our expectations

I still don't think this is accurate. There was tons of feedback and everyone knew exactly what was it months before release. How people still act shocked or let down with the content I do not understand.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
tiffac said:
FFXIII is not a bad game. However, FFXIII-2 was better except for the stupid ending that led to FFXIII: LR which was fun but destroyed the story altogether. -_-

Have yu seen the ending of LR?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Thats arguable but we will leave that for another time

And that LR may have an improved battlesystem out of the 3 but the story and just Lightning as a character is just awful

You bother to comment on the story after claiming you only played for a bit at a friend's house.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The game is really interesting and I enjoyed playing it. XII-2 is even better.

XIII was high quality no doubt, but it was like buying a plane and ending up with a boat. I always say these two things about the game: I predicted the ending half way through and thought the ending was the halfway point, and there are only two side quests; a hunting mechanic and a treasure hunt to say a big f*** you to the fans.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

Yep, it is decent. FFXIII-2 in other hand, Jesus Christ, what a stinker... =/

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

vivster said:
tiffac said:
FFXIII is not a bad game. However, FFXIII-2 was better except for the stupid ending that led to FFXIII: LR which was fun but destroyed the story altogether. -_-

Have yu seen the ending of LR?

You mean Valkyrie Profile 3. Then yes~

after the first 15-20 hours.. the game really steps up.. since it becomes.. less linear.. FF XIII is up there with FF VII with my favorite FF games.. better than the time I spent with FF X.. which I only played for like 10 hours.. and didn't bother to finish

mM

they completely butchered the story with FF XIII-2, even tho it isn't a bad game.. but it feels like an alternative ending DLC package as opposed to an actual sequel

mM
outlawauron said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Thats arguable but we will leave that for another time

And that LR may have an improved battlesystem out of the 3 but the story and just Lightning as a character is just awful

You bother to comment on the story after claiming you only played for a bit at a friend's house.

Yes cause the Story and characterization was so awful that it made me stop playing the game and its not like I bought the game so I had no insentive to finishing it. I did say to take it with a grain of salt

As for your subjective comment, you do realize that every game is subjective to people right? Like, if someone says, Duke Nukem Forever is a great game and people say, no its not, he can pull out the, thats subjective and it will be the end of that but that doesn't make the game any better to the fans that played the series. Every game can be liked by someone but the issue that if most of the fans hate it for valid reasons, then clearly, the company made a whoopsie somewhere along the line and thats exactly what happened with FFXIII and they made a lot of whoppsies. I mean, I am not saying no one has the right to like FFXIII, if you love it, great, have fun! But there are many fans in many sites that say that they hated the game and its not cause they are making shit up, you can even look at the sales... They got cut by half with every itteration of FFXIII

Its kind of like how RE6 turned out, some people loved it but did most of the fans love it? Not even close and we all have valid reasons against both games and if both Companies continue to thread water like that (which SE doesn't seem to be doing with FFXV) then the hate will continue even if some people like it

Anyway, I think I gave enough of my opinion for this thread so lets move on

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850