By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII, it's not as bad as I thought

Your opinion is wrong. FFXIII is objectively bad and pretty much the Hitler of JRPGs.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Faust said:

Mostly cause there hasn't been a great FF game for such a long ass time and what SE led us to believe with the XIII trailers was nothing like the final result and with every move that SE makes, it makes us Facepalm harder... just wait till u play FFXIII LR

And there are tons of other reasons like linearity,  stupid battle system, unlikable characters , some terrible story elements and plot holes, etc

he was talking about FFXIII tho.

Btw FFXIII is not available for pc/wii. Just saying

What does PC/wii have to do with anything?

and FFXIII is a 3 part series that truely went downhill in LR so he will probably end up by playing that eventually and I have said already the issues I had with the first one

emm nop, FFXIII is a complete game. FFXIII-2 and LR have no relation with that game at all (aside from characters). I can tell you havent played those games just with this statement. Good to know, thats the very reason i mentioned wii/pc before ñ_ñ

Faust said:

and FFXIII is a 3 part series that truely went downhill in LR so he will probably end up by playing that eventually and I have said already the issues I had with the first one

emm nop, FFXIII is a complete game. FFXIII-2 and LR have no relation with that game at all (aside from characters). I can tell you havent played those games just with this statement. Good to know, thats the very reason i mentioned wii/pc before ñ_ñ

I still don't get the wii/PC thing cause I do have a ps3... And, as I have said many times before, I have not finished the FFXIII series cause I just didn't like the story enough to continue. I have played a couple of hours of LR when my friend got it and its pretty obvious that it really was a terrible game now, if that makes my opinions on the game invalid, then sure, take it with a grain of salt but FF used to be a name where that was never the case and it was liked by everyone that loved jrpgs and not just, most people seem to hate it and some seem to like it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

i really love the game. Its beatiful, the battle system is great and m glad to finally have a FF gamewith decent challenge (unfortunately FFXIII-2 and LR are 2 easy by comparison).

And dont worry about people bashing this game. Those fellas are just ignorants for the most parts cuz:

Linearity.- Back in 2009-2010 the "Open world" fever was starting and 4 some reason, it became a way to measure the quality of games for some people (heck, i've seen people hating TLOU cuz is linear =/). FFXIII was launched in march 2010 ( thats bad luck, i guess). Besides, last time i checked every FF game its linea. oh well.

Story.- For a story driven game i have to admit it, the narrative is kinda weak but again, as any other FF game T_T

characters.- Lets be honest, people seems to over glorify character without voice acting, thats my only explanation in this regard.

Yeap, FFXIII is not a masterpiece but the hate is just unjustified, since they use the past FF entries as a reference for their arguments

Mostly cause there hasn't been a great FF game for such a long ass time and what SE led us to believe with the XIII trailers was nothing like the final result and with every move that SE makes, it makes us Facepalm harder... just wait till u play FFXIII LR

And there are tons of other reasons like linearity,  stupid battle system, unlikable characters , some terrible story elements and plot holes, etc

Lol the time between 06 and 09 wasnt that long now was it

Around the Network

Final Fantasy's worst enemy is its fans. They hate each new title till the next one comes out, then the last one was amazing.

ktay95 said:

Lol the time between 06 and 09 wasnt that long now was it

It was when you look at 11 was an MMO, 12 wasn't that great, 13 was terrible (but some people like it), 14 was MMO (that failed at first attempt) and 15 is no where to be found and probably wont get released until at least 2016

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

and FFXIII is a 3 part series that truely went omega downhill in LR and showed how low SE can really go so he will probably end up by playing that eventually and I have said already the issues I had with the first one

Lightning Returns has the best battle system of the 3 though, one of the best in FF imo. If only they added FFXII's gambit system to it (should have done that to 13 and 13-2 aswell... and 15 in the future)

Wagram said:
Final Fantasy's worst enemy is its fans. They hate each new title till the next one comes out, then the last one was amazing.

Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy XII still seem to get some hate from what I've seen on the Internet! :S

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It was when you look at 11 was an MMO, 12 wasn't that great, 13 was terrible (but some people like it), 14 was MMO (that failed at first attempt) and 15 is no where to be found and probably wont get released until at least 2016

12 is one of the best in the series. It has the best combat system, an awesome story, some amazing character (Balthier tops all FF characters ever), and it has soooo many sidequests to do.