By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why Microsoft will not win even In US & UK

Waaaay to early to tell but considering how well X1 has performed I, the US despite all the bad press might not tell anything of the strength in the Xbox brand, but rather the Halo brand.

Around the Network
waza2323 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
waza2323 said:
In the end, probably Xbox One will out sell PS4 1.75:1 in US, UK and PS4 will outsell xbox 2.5:1 globally

And I'll take that lack of response and futile repitition as admission that you believe it on faith and yet don't have the any other rationale to support it. In other words, I hope instead of probably.

Thanks for playing.

Nope, it is base don past trends and what market is like in NA and what type of games they prefer.

Seems like your an entitled person who likes to put down others. Don't care what you think as your predictions are irrational, and not based on logic, but pure fanboyism.

Yes yes past trends and all that. 

360 was one trend, PS2 was another, PS1 was another, SNES before that. If we want to use your touted past trends for the US alone. Its Sony: 2, Nintendo: 1, and Microsoft:1.

As for your reactionary manner toward me, you really don't need to be so emotionally invested in this, I didn't insult you personally or "put you down" as you claim, I merely said that weak rationalization and repetition of those weak pieces of evidence isn't going to support your argument any further than, considering those pieces of evidence have already been refuted.

If you paid attention, I have only made 3 posts in this thread so far, including this one.

This gif: http://i.minus.com/ibiGwEWamxVuvr.gif

The post you quoted

And this post.

You say my predictions are irrational, and yet I can't even find where I made any predictions whatsoever, fancy that.

So in other words, since I didn't make any predictions, you're just saying my criticism is, and I quote "pure fanboyism", not because the logic is not sound, and here's a hint, it is, but simply because I'm criticising you.

Intresting.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

waza2323 said:

Sorry, you are wrong.

Xbox One is only 670k units behind in US despite all the bad press, negative PR, arrogant and mixed messages, $100 more price point.

Despite this, many games have still sold more on xbox one than ps4 in US with much higher attach rate, like call of duty ghosts and battlefield 4.

With price parity now at $399, upcoming holiday bundles, Halo MCC, and next year Halo 5, Xbox will win US and UK.

Now, I can agree that xbox one will not win anywhere close to the margin that xbox 360 spanked ps3 (by 17 million) but in the end, Xbox will win US and UK while PS4 wins globally.

This site never fails to underestimate Halo. Sony has nothing even close to it that will appeal to the US and UK market who love shooters. Halo is a true system seller and by the time holiday 2015 comes along and beyond, MS will start to gear up even more with potential price cuts, even more bundles and maybe gears of war collection.

Let's get this straight,

I may be "unprecise" or "inaccurate" but I have never been wrong in my estimates. Not gonna happen since I always talk in "range"s and I am old to have seen practically all console generations.

The problem with you guys's assessment is that you usually mix your own sentiments or desires into the mix. Yes I have my own set of ideas too but for every single thing I put out there, I have figures, numbers, statistics and logical coherent argument to back them up.

Now let's see the market share in US, in first half of 2014 and how it has developed.

OVERALL USA 2014 Market Share based on VGChartz data

1st week:      PS4: 51.8%, XB1: 48.2%   (PS4 / XB1 : 1.076, PS4 = XB1 + 7.6%)

Aug 9 week : PS4: 54.5%, XB1: 45.5%   (PS4 / XB1 : 1.212, PS4 = XB1 + 21.2%)

PS4's share has been continually increasing, no signs of change. The gap has increased from 7.6% to 21.2%. Do not try to downplay it by going with the absolute numbers, since the gap has been increasing in percentage as well. It would be fair however to justify a shrinking percentage gap with an increasing absolute gap.

When you look at the ANNUAL data (regarding solely the 2014 data, excluding the launch window), you see a much more grave situation for xb1, where ps4 has been outselling xb1 in US by 39% in the first half of 2014. Yes, even according to the VGChartz data, Sony sold 39% more PS4 than XB1. So the overall gap (21% as of now) WILL INCREASE, not decrease; that is at least the TREND.

Please let me know if there is anything that you guys want to present other than personal thoughts and understandably wishful thinking. I see absolutely no signs of recovery for XB1. The best thing they can do is to maintain the status quo in English Speaking territorries. Elsewhere they are obliged to be rendered as niche.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
waza2323 said:

Nope, it is base don past trends and what market is like in NA and what type of games they prefer.

Seems like your an entitled person who likes to put down others. Don't care what you think as your predictions are irrational, and not based on logic, but pure fanboyism.

Yes yes past trends and all that. 

360 was one trend, PS2 was another, PS1 was another, SNES before that. If we want to use your touted past trends for the US alone. Its Sony: 2, Nintendo: 1, and Microsoft:1.

As for your reactionary manner toward me, you really don't need to be so emotionally invested in this, I didn't insult you personally or "put you down" as you claim, I merely said that weak rationalization and repetition of those weak pieces of evidence isn't going to support your argument any further than, considering those pieces of evidence have already been refuted.

If you paid attention, I have only made 3 posts in this thread so far, including this one.

This gif: http://i.minus.com/ibiGwEWamxVuvr.gif

The post you quoted

And this post.

You say my predictions are irrational, and yet I can't even find where I made any predictions whatsoever, fancy that.

So in other words, since I didn't make any predictions, you're just saying my criticism is, and I quote "pure fanboyism", not because the logic is not sound, and here's a hint, it is, but simply because I'm criticising you.

Intresting.

Didn't read that all that sorry lol not interested in what you have to say so just let it go

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Seece said:
Right now PS4 isn't dominating, so it entirely depends on the next 5 - 17 months and what both MS and Sony do. Nobody can say for sure who will win US.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt....

Around the Network
waza2323 said:
PS4 need blockbusters shooters to remain competitive in US and aside from 3rd parties, has none and no, Killzone does not count it is not a blockbuster or that popular.

You mean like Call of Duty and Destiny?  THOSE shooters? /facepalm

jnemesh said:
waza2323 said:
PS4 need blockbusters shooters to remain competitive in US and aside from 3rd parties, has none and no, Killzone does not count it is not a blockbuster or that popular.

You mean like Call of Duty and Destiny?  THOSE shooters? /facepalm

Attention to detail is apparently alien to you.

Those games are also coming to Xbox One, and call of duty ghosts sold more on xbox than ps4 in US despite the system being $100 for many months and bad press/PR.

Aside from third parties, what exclusive shooters does PS4 have? Anything on the level of Halo MCC or Halo 5?

waza2323 said:

Didn't read that all that sorry lol not interested in what you have to say so just let it go

Bannable offenses nonwithstanding, it seems I have to repeat myself once again.

Your dismissal and lack of response is simply a tacit admission of the fact that you were mistaken. Worry not friend, everyone makes mistakes and if you need to refuse admitting you were wrong to save face and stroke your Ego, that is understandable.

Not everyone has the strength of will to admit they were wrong, but at the very least you learn from this hopefully.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I'm confident Microsoft will tie/barely lose US, but UK is a different story

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
waza2323 said:

Bannable offenses nonwithstanding, it seems I have to repeat myself once again.

Your dismissal and lack of response is simply a tacit admission of the fact that you were mistaken. Worry not friend, everyone makes mistakes and if you need to refuse admitting you were wrong to save face and stroke your Ego, that is understandable.

Not everyone has the strength of will to admit they were wrong, but at the very least you learn from this hopefully.

The only offense that is bannable is what you have been typing for condescending statements and flaming.

Nevertheless, it is okay. It is hard to admit when your in denial. Luckily, there is an excellent rehabilitation process. The sooner you admit to your delusions and nonsensical rantings the better.