By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why Microsoft will not win even In US & UK

In the end, probably Xbox One will out sell PS4 1.75:1 in US, UK and PS4 will outsell xbox 2.5:1 globally

Around the Network

Its quite obvious X1 won't win any territory, although they could win in China.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Seece said:
Right now PS4 isn't dominating, so it entirely depends on the next 5 - 17 months and what both MS and Sony do. Nobody can say for sure who will win US.

Neither party will dominate in US (but definite PS4 domination globally). My estimates (from 1 year earlier) indicate PS4's US market share will be around 55-65% by the end of the generation. Well, this range includes the scenario where XB1 stayed at $500 but now that they released a Kinectless bundle, I'd assume XB1!s market will be between 40-45% (still within the bracket estimated a year earlier).

So a split like 40-45 versus 50-55 between XB1 and PS4 is nothing to sneeze but again it will be the PS4 who has the upper hand this time.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

freedquaker said:
Seece said:
Right now PS4 isn't dominating, so it entirely depends on the next 5 - 17 months and what both MS and Sony do. Nobody can say for sure who will win US.

Neither party will dominate in US (but definite PS4 domination globally). My estimates (from 1 year earlier) indicate PS4's US market share will be around 55-65% by the end of the generation. Well, this range includes the scenario where XB1 stayed at $500 but now that they released a Kinectless bundle, I'd assume XB1!s market will be between 40-45% (still within the bracket estimated a year earlier).

So a split like 40-45 versus 50-55 between XB1 and PS4 is nothing to sneeze but again it will be the PS4 who has the upper hand this time.

Yeah I don't see either dominating US, but that doesn't mean one or the other can't win. And right now I wouldn't bet on either, I say it's a waiting game.

freedquaker said:
Seece said:

Xbox will have 55-60% market share in US by the time this gen ends.

Halo 5 will go a long way in making sure that happens. It will be a blockbuster because Halo is truly one of the biggest franchises in all of gaming.

Halo 5, Halo MCC, and future Halos plus gears of war will help win the NA market

Around the Network

PS4 need blockbusters shooters to remain competitive in US and aside from 3rd parties, has none and no, Killzone does not count it is not a blockbuster or that popular.

waza2323 said:
In the end, probably Xbox One will out sell PS4 1.75:1 in US, UK and PS4 will outsell xbox 2.5:1 globally

And I'll take that lack of response and futile repitition as admission that you believe it on faith and yet don't have the any other rationale to support it. In other words, I hope instead of probably.

Thanks for playing.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Before the shitstorm against MS and all the 180º I was considering a XboxOne. I found their ideas of always online and move to digital only as being modern and attractive. As people did not want a "revoution" the XOne became less attractive to me. The PS4, to me, is more "evolution" and may become a modern console in a few years. PS4 is my next buy if nothing unexpected happens.
Price is a big factor when I decide to buy something. How much I estimate I will use it is probably the biggest factor. I have enough money but do not like to buy things that are not used. Price was probably a big factor for owning X360.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
waza2323 said:

And I'll take that lack of response and futile repitition as admission that you believe it on faith and yet don't have the any other rationale to support it. In other words, I hope instead of probably.

Thanks for playing.

Nope, it is based on past trends and what market is like in NA and what type of games they prefer.

Seems like your an entitled person who likes to put down others. Don't care what you think as your predictions are irrational, and not based on logic, but pure fanboyism.

Thanks for showing you can't be taken seriously.

CGI-Quality said:
waza2323 said:
PS4 need blockbusters shooters to remain competitive in US and aside from 3rd parties, has none and no, Killzone does not count it is not a blockbuster or that popular.

The PS4 is ahead, so it's the X1 that needs to remain competitive (my nitpicking of the English language and order of phrases). Anyway, I don't think the shooter market will be anywhere near as meaningful this time. As long as the PS4 continues to do what it's doing (and taking the multiplatform advantage as often as it does), it won't have to really add much to keep its lead. This, of course, discounts price cuts and a huge game changer (from either side).

That gamechanger is just a year away. Its called Halo 5 and we have Halo MCC this november.

Halo 4, which came out in 2012, just 2 years ago, and  arguably the most poorly received in the series is closing in on 10 million sales, including digital copies.

That shows you the strength of the franchise and its popularity is still going strong.