By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 33 (August 11 - 17) - Hyrule Warriors first week sales

RavenXtra said:
AZWification said:

Yup! I totally fucked up with my 106k prediction for HW!

Yeah same here. I think I guessed 101k -_-

Ehh.. It could have been worse!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

So Hyrule Warriors gave a decent boost supported by Obon week, the game itself didn't have a great first week by Zelda or Dynasty Warriors standards.

DerNebel said:
Ninsect said:
PS4 got a small boost for some reason.

Hyrule with ~70k. Hmm I wouldn't call it good personally.

It's a holiday week.

Oh. Which holiday?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

DerNebel said:
So Hyrule Warriors gave a decent boost supported by Obon week, the game itself didn't have a great first week by Zelda or Dynasty Warriors standards.

By combining the two IPs they managed to make a less popular game than each one individually.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
DerNebel said:
Ninsect said:
PS4 got a small boost for some reason.

Hyrule with ~70k. Hmm I wouldn't call it good personally.

It's a holiday week.

Oh. Which holiday?

Obon.

Around the Network

it will be interesting to see what kind of drop Hyrule Warriors has next week

usually Musou games drop down in sales very quickly, yet Nintendo games tend to have good legs - I wonder how this one will do

DerNebel said:

I dont knonwhy people expected it too^ (Saying in general, not directly at You!)  I've been saying that even SM3DW had a debut of 99k (released in mid Nov too) so nobody should expect a 100k opening.

Well here's hoping it can do 150k lifetime, the West is where the game will do much better especially US. There is also a slight chance Digital sales are decent as it was cheaper, but then again it might just be only 2-5k.

Lafiel said:
it will be interesting to see what kind of drop Hyrule Warriors has next week

usually Musou games drop down in sales very quickly, yet Nintendo games tend to have good legs - I wonder how this one will do

Zelda games don't have good legs though in Japan, iirc.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

wow huge discrepancy between the two trackers.

tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:

I dont knonwhy people expected it too^ (Saying in general, not directly at You!)  I've been saying that even SM3DW had a debut of 99k (released in mid Nov too) so nobody should expect a 100k opening.

Well here's hoping it can do 150k lifetime, the West is where the game will do much better especially US. There is also a slight chance Digital sales are decent as it was cheaper, but then again it might just be only 2-5k.

I dunno what people expected in general, wasn't there a prediction thread for first week sales in Japan on here? Would be cool if someone could link that to me.

I just noticed that (some) people were expecting the game to show up at Comg back in June already and that when it didn't that they'd always say that it's because Comg didn't have the "best version" of the game for pre order.

Personally I believe that there's just not a big Musou fanbase on Nintendo in Japan and that the Zelda fanbase isn't that interested in a Musou game with a Zelda look.